Where did all the good TV go?

Hutch2004

Jericho starts this Friday night on the Hallmark Channel in the UK which I bet most people have missed.

Heroes starts sometime mid February on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Battlestar Season 3 has just started on Sky One and it's looking as good as 1 & 2. Plus Lost will be shown 4 days after it airs in the US (not the usual 6/7 months it was on Ch4) which means I won't have to download it anymore, though I'll probably end up doing that as I won't be able to wait. Plus 24 aswell.

Bravo will be showing Daybreak and Blade soon. I'm looking forward to Daybreak but I'm not bothered about Blade.

Season 2 of Prison Break is on soon on Ch5 as well, but I'm already up to epsiode 13 on that anyway.

Plus Season 2 of the excellent The Unit should be starting soon on Bravo too. Anyone else watch this show?

Edited by What in the LBTN was that?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prison Break is the main one and the only one that sprang to mind when I read the first post. Second series starts this Monday on Channel 5 in the UK.

Having read through the topic, I'm looking foward to Top Gear too and I'm trying to get through all the Scrubs DVD's so I can catch up to the ones that are being shown on E4 or Paramount or wherever it is nowadays.

Apart from those few I don't watch a lot of TV programs. I mainly watch sports.

Any Premiership football that's on I try to catch and of course Soccer AM, along with NBA games on the odd early morning.

Scrubs is mostly on abc1. On some sundays they run like 6 hours of Scrubs episodes in a row, but their commercial breaks are weird... One break 5 minutes in, one break with 5 minutes to go and then no break between episodes...

IIRC, it's cut up the way it would be on US TV.

I don't watch much TV, though I, like AJ, watch Sport. Other than that, I'll be working through 24 on DVD, Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD, and my Hitchcock and Almodovar (sp?) boxsets.

24 starts this month, and then the second part of Lost in February.

Battlestar Galactica has just started up again, and judging by last night's episode (season 3 opener) it's going to be fantastic.

Add to that the new series of Nip/Tuck that started Monday, and the new series of Prison Break starting this Monday coming.

Guest President Ringiah Bartlet

Scrubs is mostly on abc1. On some sundays they run like 6 hours of Scrubs episodes in a row, but their commercial breaks are weird... One break 5 minutes in, one break with 5 minutes to go and then no break between episodes...

IIRC, it's cut up the way it would be on US TV.

I don't watch much TV, though I, like AJ, watch Sport. Other than that, I'll be working through 24 on DVD, Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD, and my Hitchcock and Almodovar (sp?) boxsets.

Bravo will be showing Daybreak and Blade soon. I'm looking forward to Daybreak but I'm not bothered about Blade.

I don't know if you would want to get into Daybreak with it being canceled after six episodes. I am not telling you to not watch it or anything as you said you are looking forward to it, but I am just saying that it could be a waste of your time to even bother getting into the show only to have it end after six episodes.

Edited by What in the LBTN was that?

I haven't had a whole lot of TV time since starting work just before Christmas but Lost and suddenly Prison Break (since they started showing the repeats late on Five) are top of my list. Other than that, I watch didly squat. Usually a DVD. I seriously need to check out 24 but I know its done a few seasons already and I hate starting with things halfway through. I know, I know... all US imports. But if you know of any decent British shows then let me know.

It doesn't help when I just don't "get" the British comedy these days. Little Britain. Don't get whats funny about it. I watched Extras one time and it was alright but not half as funny it should be for all the accolades Gervais has got over the past couple of years. Any others? I find myself watching all the repeats of Men Behaving Badly, One Foot in the Grave, Only Fools and Horses. Yeah, been watched to death but it still works for me. Bottom. Red Dwarf. Can't beat the classics.

Little Britain was funny... For the first series. Then series 2 was ok... Series 3 was really shit. Little Britain abroad was quite fun though. Otherwise I agree that we need more like OFITG and OFAH, and that the Extras is just not funny, I can't get into it.

I don't know if it's just me, but I found Little Britain really funny when it used to be on BBC3 originally years ago, but as soon as it went mainstream it lost all it's appeal.

Same with things like Peter Kay, I thought he was hilarious on the comedy store years ago but as soon as everyone is saying his stuff, it ruins it.

I love Red Dwarf and Father Ted.

The good stuff died away when TV companies realised that "Reality TV" was cheap to make and people are stupid enough to pay £10 a night voting 200 times for generic homosexual with tourette's to stay in a room suspended 350 feet in the air where the contestants must anally rape crocodiles to earn food. <_<

And umm... there isn't much that I'm looking forward to because everything is boring these days. Britain needs more Sitcoms.

North America needs more sitcoms too. Apart from NBC's Thursday Night lineup there are no good sitcoms.

The only other sitcoms are hit and miss (War at Home) or completely overrated (CBS's Monday night lineup, with the possible exception on How I Met Your Mother)

Everything is returning from Christmas Break slowly. 24 tonight, Prison Break & Heroes next week, Veronica Mars the week after. Lost in February.

Edited by Corizzle

Of those listed, I can't stand Little Britain, or Bottom come to that. Extras is only good on the basis of the guest stars (Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were gold. Others, not so).
Edited by Steve Mandela