Where did all the good TV go?

Hutch2004

What the hell has happened to all the good tv? There's bugger all on, near enough every single night, apart from one night a week, where they might have something half decent. "Celebrity" Big Brother is a big part of the problem, usually Channel 4 can be depended on to have something watchable on, but they seem to have devoted their entire schedule to this.

So, to the point of this thread, when's the good stuff coming? What are you looking forward to this year?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good stuff died away when TV companies realised that "Reality TV" was cheap to make and people are stupid enough to pay £10 a night voting 200 times for generic homosexual with tourette's to stay in a room suspended 350 feet in the air where the contestants must anally rape crocodiles to earn food. <_<

And umm... there isn't much that I'm looking forward to because everything is boring these days. Britain needs more Sitcoms.

Correction. It needs more GOOD sitcoms. And not new BBC sitcoms that are cancelled after one week.

Check, so Febuary for Lost. Although I have to download it now it's on SkyOne.

Because I can't be arsed dredging up the topic, and seem as though it's quite relevant, when's the next episodes of Heroes on, or is that the lot for now? I honestly can't get my head around how TV works in the US.

I'm looking forward to The Sopranos in April. I never watched it until a few months ago when I caught a few old episodes on late at night. Now I'm in the middle of borrowing all my friend's DVDs so I can catch up in time for when the 2nd half of season 6 starts. Right now I'm half way through season 4 and wondering how the hell could I skip over such an awesome show for so long. Shame the only time I'll catch new episodes is right before it goes off the air. Oh well, better late than never.

On top of that, I wish I knew when the fuck season 7 of Trailer Park Boys starts.

24 starts this month, and then the second part of Lost in February.

Battlestar Galactica has just started up again, and judging by last night's episode (season 3 opener) it's going to be fantastic.

Add to that the new series of Nip/Tuck that started Monday, and the new series of Prison Break starting this Monday coming.

I'm looking forward to The Sopranos in April. I never watched it until a few months ago when I caught a few old episodes on late at night. Now I'm in the middle of borrowing all my friend's DVDs so I can catch up in time for when the 2nd half of season 6 starts. Right now I'm half way through season 4 and wondering how the hell could I skip over such an awesome show for so long. Shame the only time I'll catch new episodes is right before it goes off the air. Oh well, better late than never.

I'm in a similar boat. Trying to catch up through previous seasons after only starting to watch it a couple months ago. I bought seasons 1-3 so far, currently only one episode into season 2. And the worst part is, I probably won't be able to watch new episodes live being in a place where HBO isn't possible.

24 starts this month, and then the second part of Lost in February.

Battlestar Galactica has just started up again, and judging by last night's episode (season 3 opener) it's going to be fantastic.

Add to that the new series of Nip/Tuck that started Monday, and the new series of Prison Break starting this Monday coming.