The Mafia Discussion Thread

We'll just have to make do with Chupa Chups. :shifty:

Those are actually better than Tootsie Pops. This Chinese girl I dated got me hooked on those for about a year, now I never see them (or her) anymore. I miss Chupa Chups.

Footjob's latest post in Candor Falls made me wonder, is it considered the norm for conmen in a game with multiple scum alignments to be able to just choose what alignment they want the person they con to come up as? In other games I've seen people make the same arguement - "why would a conman con B to look like Alignment C instead of Alignment B?". I've just always assumed that conmen don't really have any sort of control over things like that.

Bwahahahaha, I wish I didn't hate that goddamn pizzamonkey so much, because that move in WWF '92 was legendary.

He stole that from me in Marvel, except the fucking cult was ginormous by then and killed me :crying:

That town deserves to lose though. It's been like two weeks and no one has asked the obvious question RW and I both want to know. Shame on you WWF '92 town!

There were only three people! That's not ginormous at all!

In a town of 6 it is. It was you, GoGo and HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED against 1 townie (essa), 1 mafia (LD), and me. I thought it was 3 town vs 1 cult/1 mafia/1 indy because none of the cult players were trying to lynch me when they had to know I wasn't a townie. If HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED wasn't cult I would have won that game. FUCKIN' CULTS!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:pervert:

Where's -A- ?

He hasn't been on since 23rd April.

He went -A-WOL.

Yeah, I stole that, wanna make a fuckin' scene of it? I'll stomp your head in!

Guest King Tut

You guys were almost starting to fool me. Then Josh has off-the-board problems which threaten to keep him out of Mafia, and Sousa just so happens to ask for a replacement in MMPR.

Give up the jig. :)

I don't think I've ever seen a conman role (I think there was one in GCR but I didn't read it) so I have no idea what they get to pick, I kinda assumed they could just fake someone's identity to whatever they wanted.

Conman roles have always struck me as requiring ridiculous luck for them to be of any use, in that you need to pick the same person as the investigater(s) on the same night.

Beyond that, it's obviously up to the game runner, but I figured that either they get one 'bad' role that gets applied to everyone they con (which becomes somewhat useless if the first one is lynched and discovered to be fake), or that the game runner has a list of fake 'bad' roles that he applies at random. If it were a game with mutiple scum groups/cults, or if one of the fake roles might appear to be an obvious SK role, I don't think there's any reason why those wouldn't be included for the sake of promoting a townie lynch.

I've not seen one where they get to customise their con, but I presume it's happened somewhere. Might make up a bit for the ability's weakness in trying to guess whoever gets investigated.

Conman roles have always struck me as requiring ridiculous luck for them to be of any use, in that you need to pick the same person as the investigater(s) on the same night.

Beyond that, it's obviously up to the game runner, but I figured that either they get one 'bad' role that gets applied to everyone they con (which becomes somewhat useless if the first one is lynched and discovered to be fake), or that the game runner has a list of fake 'bad' roles that he applies at random. If it were a game with mutiple scum groups/cults, or if one of the fake roles might appear to be an obvious SK role, I don't think there's any reason why those wouldn't be included for the sake of promoting a townie lynch.

I've not seen one where they get to customise their con, but I presume it's happened somewhere. Might make up a bit for the ability's weakness in trying to guess whoever gets investigated.

I think one of the Mafia Cubed games had a customizable conman, which I lifted from another board. It's not a trend that has caught on here, though.

"• Crush can draw on his days in jail and select a player whose role name he wishes to change, and what to change it too"?

MEG had a "pick the resulting alignment" conman in Smash Bros. Mafia, and GoGo, MEG, and I were able to manufacture an artificial Subspace alignment. Best way to use a role like that is to con someone and then kill them so everyone can see the phony alignment come up. We were able to manufacture this fake alignment, and for most of the game, nobody even knew our Mafia was in the game. Seriously, that was the best use of a conman ever.

MEG had a "pick the resulting alignment" conman in Smash Bros. Mafia, and GoGo, MEG, and I were able to manufacture an artificial Subspace alignment. Best way to use a role like that is to con someone and then kill them so everyone can see the phony alignment come up. We were able to manufacture this fake alignment, and for most of the game, nobody even knew our Mafia was in the game. Seriously, that was the best use of a conman ever.

I agree, great play. I love that kind of conman.

We tried to do something like that in one of Zan's mafias that didn't finish. I remember we had these big MSN chats and we just made all kinds of crazy ideas(TEOL, LCS, Beeker, someone else and I. It was the one where Beeker, or at least I think Beeker, was all "I HATE ZAN" and left the board), we were so happy and pumping all kinds of shit like that. I never got to use it until Smash Bros, and that one = perfection.