The Mafia Discussion Thread

So I've been rereading my way through the Mafia of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I know I didn't play a lot of Mafia this year but I'd just like to say fuck everyone who didn't nominate it for Best Game in the Scummys (i.e. everyone but Pleatherface, whose nomination thereof was the whole reason I went back to read it again), I refuse to believe there were better games than that this year. At the very least there should be some Most Inventive Game category for me to win every year <_<

Highlights so far include Split doggedly playing the part of the confused townie even in the face of The Ace actively outing himself as a Mafia don and trying to warn everyone else of the danger, wrathofcarnage refusing to admit he wasn't Town and getting lynched because of it, and the refusal of anyone to even try and lynch Ruki even though there was nothing preventing them from doing it and it was the only way to win. Zan still owes me for the bet we placed during that game, if he's reading. :shifty:

MPH has noted to me that Inquisition Mafia may have been equally inventive.

Which is a notion which, while technically true, I refuse to countenance because Zan is a boo boo head who doesn't talk to me on MSN any more. :@

Well, that's certainly a good sign. I figured nobody'd have heard of/remembered it.

Still figuring on a low number of players, but might be worth developing...

EDIT: Just realized... like 90% of the characters on this show died. So much for following the story...

I've seen it a lot because my friend obsesses over it. He busts out Frisky Dingo quotes at random, and I must've seen the DVDs a couple zillion times now.

It is a good show though..

Yeah, upon looking over the wiki, I'd have to do it based on Season 1 since... well, the characters were alive in it. :/

Anyway, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, so... mafia discussion. Um...

Okay, what does everybody think is their best mafia game? Like which game would you cite an example of your best play or your best day? Or night?

So, in light of all appearances saying I'll finally be able to finish a game, I figured I'd go ahead a fish for popular opinion on the next game I put on the waiting list.

That Guy With The Glasses: OMIGOD THIS IS THE GREATEST MAFIA I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!, The Princess Bride: Mafia? I have no Mafia. Fezzik tear his arms off. Oh, you mean this Mafia., or Animaniacs The Mafia.

All of them are designed and ready for the list at a moment's notice. Just want a good idea of everyone's feeling.

Fuck that, TGWTG Mafia for the fucking win. Shit, I'd play that mafia hardcore.

Yeah, upon looking over the wiki, I'd have to do it based on Season 1 since... well, the characters were alive in it. :/

Anyway, I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, so... mafia discussion. Um...

Okay, what does everybody think is their best mafia game? Like which game would you cite an example of your best play or your best day? Or night?

I would say either Criminal Minds or Saw.

EDIT: And as town, the CHIKARA Mafia I was in. 3?