The Mafia Discussion Thread

So yeah, now I'm dead and can get around the whole having a vested interest in the outcome of the game thing, can we finally discuss this problem properly? Because it's always been one of my pet peeves in EWB Mafia, I crack down on it hard in my own games (just ask Ruki <_<) and it's getting very difficult to play games where people aren't willing to do anything about people who go against the spirit of the game.

I'm bringing back "no talking at night." It worked well in Phoenix Wright. I like the eerie sort of calm it gives the game.

Oh, and still fuck silencing roles. I am through with that as anything other than a one-off skill.

No talking at night is a game-wide silencing rule and it's bullshit. Games take long enough as it is without paralyzing them for 50% of the time.

I don't want a 1 hour night phase but fuck if I'm going to put effort into a game that expects me to take half the week off while I wait for some yokel to get around to sending in his night action. Especially if I've no night action of my own, the only thing I can contribute is discussion and half the game I'm outlawed from doing that?

The fact remains that it defeats the purpose of a team vs. team game if half the time you are required to do absolutely nothing.

Regarding giving out night action information while the night is still going...meh. I always waited until I got all the actions, determined what happened, wrote up a night report, sent PMs, then posted the night report. As I said in the thread, if it's given to you early I figure it's fair game to share it at that point.

I'm with TEOL. Speaking at night is against the spirit of the game. Day is for the town to discuss and lynch. Night is for the Mafia to kill. Simple as that.

It's against the spirit of the party game, where the mafia decide in less than a minute on who to whack. People shouldn't talk then. However, you have to make concessions for the change in the way the game is played.

This is my apology to Ruki. I am sorry i was a bit of a jerk.

Although, your comment about me wanting to turn it into a claimfest, what would you have done if someone said you were a mafia when you were a townie, in a game such as that?

I forgive you, because I know deep down you're not an assface. :)

Honestly, probably would have done the same thing....but with an ability claim.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah the one thing I'm finding with EWB mafias lately is far too much of an insistence on "DEFEND YOURSELF rawr!!!" when the accused person (townie) legitimately would have no idea why he's being accused of what he's being accused of.