The Mafia Discussion Thread

I'll just kick ace out and let you have his spot. I mean he's Australian, who would care?

Ego, you realise of course, your Australian too?

And no kicking me out. I'm actually doing well here <_<

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen loads of names I don't know browsing the board over the last couple of days. Maybe we could do with another Newbie Mafia? Don't see the harm in just running them whenever there's demand. They don't really take activity away from other games and we desperately need to do everything we can to encourage new players.

Damn straight, I'm killing him night one from now on in every game. Pizzamonkey night two.

Guest mr. potato head

Just read through 1999 Mafia and, holy shit, an active, fast-paced game with people actually sticking their neck out and giving opinions on things. Amazing. Well done C-MIL.

Slight quibble (unrelated to anything in the game) with this Summers post though:

Ace now has 5 out of the needed 7 and we have no deadline. Seriously Ben?

Let's get one thing clear, lynch deadlines are shit. The only reason gamerunners started using them is because towns would hem and haw and never get anywhere near a lynch and somebody (-A-?) came up with this idea to ensure that there would eventually be a lynch. If you're waiting for a deadline to roll around so you can finally lynch somebody, you're doing it wrong. It's this kind of ultra-cautious play that got EWB mafia in the rut it's in now (again, C-MIL's game excepted) so the last thing anybody should be doing is egging it on.

I dunno about deadlines, I think we might have gone in circles a bit. When we first started playing things moved at a really rapid pace so I don't think we needed them. We probably would have hurried things up if a day period took more than a couple of days. I definitely used deadlines when I ran my shitty Marvel Mafia that never finished, but I think they were in use already. We then got more and more patient, but since activity's dropped off recently they've become more common.