Bowling For Soup

Benji

That was random, Benji. Very random.

BFS though? I like them, in a weird way. I used to be a pretty decent sized fan, but some of there songs are just "blah" if you're trying to listen through the album. There is also parts of songs that almost ruin the song(s) with one or two lyrics that makes you say "what?".

But isn't Fall Out Boy exactly the same? Only with catchier hooks and a bigger sound? I like Bowling For Soup, but it's not like they're the big anti-thesis to that dour emo/pop-punk. The video where they had Slipknot beat down Fred Durst was awesome though. :D

I've got tickets to see them, Wheatus, Son of Dork and Army Of Freshmen next month.

Not my choice to go but it might be a laugh.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but does anybody know if Wheatus did anything worthy of note after the self-titled? I remembered liking the first record.

Edited by Steve Mandela

I've got tickets to see them, Wheatus, Son of Dork and Army Of Freshmen next month.

Not my choice to go but it might be a laugh.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but does anybody know if Wheatus did anything worthy of note after the self-titled? I remembered liking the first record.

But isn't Fall Out Boy exactly the same? Only with catchier hooks and a bigger sound? I like Bowling For Soup, but it's not like they're the big anti-thesis to that dour emo/pop-punk. The video where they had Slipknot beat down Fred Durst was awesome though. :D

They're upbeat, funny and not at all mature, that's what pop-punk is about to me. I love FOB too. I never said they were an anti-thesis to emo, just bands that feel they have to be 'mature' (IE: Moan and bitch a lot, that's not being emo, it's just what mature music apparently seems to be in the music press) to be a good band.