• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got mine :D

I'm just waiting for my Metallica tickets for July to arrive now

RED BULL ARENA - X-FIGHTERS COME TO DOWNLOAD '07

Download and Dirty!

Bringing together the ultimate in rock and riding, Red Bull X-Fighters will be performing Freestyle Motocross (FMX) demos for the first time ever at Download 2007, taking place on the hill by the side of second stage (Dimebag Darrell Stage) across the festival weekend.

Featuring talented international FMX riders performing death defying tricks such as the ‘Dead Body’, ‘Cliffhanger’, ‘Suicide Whip’ and ‘Superman’ spectators will witness a series of jaw dropping performances as the action takes place to the sounds of Download.

Performed on motorbikes, but unlike any other type of motocross sport, Freestyle Motocross concentrates not on speed or racing, but on the acrobatic ability of the rider in the air. Three specially built ramps will be shipped in along with thousands of tons of earth for the weekend to build the jumps from which each rider will perform each trick. Situated between the main and second stage performances will be taking place throughout each day of the festival in between music acts.

Red Bull X-Fighters is the world’s most prestigious competition for freestyle motocross riders. The X-Fighters display at Download will demonstrate the awe inspiring tricks and feats the X-Fighters perform during the actual competitions which have taken place in around the world for the last 6 years.

That sounds so badass.

Also, me & my mate are taking a paddling pool. Help filling it will weeell be appreciated! Chances are we're gonna get a solar charger to, for phones & ipods, which would be purely amazing and very useful.

National Express have a bunch of coach services all over the country. I got a leaflet with my tickets the other day. Prices between 20 and 50 quid depending on distance. not ideal, but if you have your tickets and you're in a bind, it might be an option.

Boooooo. One less for the EWB meetup.

I got quite excited the other day. I'm doing work experience at a newspaper and took a call about a charity gig featuring Maciavellian (however its spelled). I was like "Whoa, that's FSF's band!" and then I got a call back later on saying "It's actually the Machiavellis, and they're an indie band that cite the Arctic Monkeys and the Libertines as their influences." I hung up >_>

Boooooo. One less for the EWB meetup.

I got quite excited the other day. I'm doing work experience at a newspaper and took a call about a charity gig featuring Maciavellian (however its spelled). I was like "Whoa, that's FSF's band!" and then I got a call back later on saying "It's actually the Machiavellis, and they're an indie band that cite the Arctic Monkeys and the Libertines as their influences." I hung up >_>

Out of interest, confirm now if you're going, and if you want to be part of an EWB meet-up, so I, and others, can get peoples numbers.

Also, when are you going, and at what time?

Edited by Super Summers

In.

Thursday morning, though it has yet to be fully confirmed with some of my mates.

In

Wednesday, Mid-day

I'm happy to make my number available to those going if you want to hang out during the festival.

That reminds me, need to check eBay for cheap phone batterys...

Edit: Hoorah...

I know have another two batterys to put next to the two I already own. That should be enough for the six days I'm away from home.

I still need to buy a wind-up radio and something to sleep on...

What do people recommend for that? Roll Mat, Inflatable Mattress + Pump or Camp Bed? Taking into account both comfort, and ease of travel?

I'm happy to make my number available to those going if you want to hang out during the festival.

That reminds me, need to check eBay for cheap phone batterys...

Edit: Hoorah...

I know have another two batterys to put next to the two I already own. That should be enough for the six days I'm away from home.

I still need to buy a wind-up radio and something to sleep on...

What do people recommend for that? Roll Mat, Inflatable Mattress + Pump or Camp Bed? Taking into account both comfort, and ease of travel?

The inflatable matresses are comfy as hell to sleep on, especially the double bed sized ones that are about 2 feet off the ground, but obviously you need a largish tent for that. And you can get cheaper electric pumps to pump it up for you. which are about