Download Festival

ravenjuice

Download 2007 Headliners leaked

According to our sources the following acts will be appearing at this year's Download Festival at Donnington Park June 8/9/10th.

Friday - My Chemical Romance

Saturday - Linkin Park

Sunday - Iron Maiden

Motley Crue are to be headlining the tent on the Saturday.

Slayer, Megadeth, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Wolfmother and Marilyn Manson are all also making an appearance. More news as and when we hear it so keep checking back.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download 2007 Headliners leaked

According to our sources the following acts will be appearing at this year's Download Festival at Donnington Park June 8/9/10th.

Saturday - Linkin Park

Sunday - Iron Maiden

Motley Crue are to be headlining the tent on the Saturday.

Slayer, Megadeth, Evanescence, Fall Out Boy, Wolfmother and Marilyn Manson are all also making an appearance. More news as and when we hear it so keep checking back.

Link

Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people liking these bands, but this looks to be the worst headliners in Downloads history. Both Linkin Park and Maiden have done it before, and MCR are horrible live. Nor do I think they deserve to headline.

With Crue, Megadeth, Slayer and Manson playing though I'll probably still make the 40 minute journey to Donington.

You're right about that. And like I've said, I'm still going providing I can afford it, but I've been going since 04 and this is the first year I could care less about the headliners. Last year was great for me, Metallica and Guns N Roses are my two favourite bands, and unlike most people Axl didn't rub me the wrong way and I loved GnR. Just dissapointed more than anything I guess.

Saturday - Linkin Park

Sunday - Iron Maiden

Okay, so MCR, no. But it's on Friday, generally the softer day of the weekend, so it could be worse.

Linkin Park, it's been awhile & I've never seen 'em, so I'm excited. Though I'll fully be watching Crue.

& Maiden HAD TO, after the shite they had at Ozzfest, the right thing to happen is for them to play at Donnington. Can'y wait.

Manson is good live, I'll watch again.

I'll also watch Fall Out Boy, I like some of the new stuff a lot.

Just got an E-Mail from iron maiden fan club, they have confirmed that they're headlining, and Blabbermouth (Roadrunner affiliate) has posted pretty much the same thing that the original post says.

Someone post in here the second that tickets go back on sale.

The main problem with that line up is that I have an A level exam the monday after at 9 o clock, so I have to leave early on Sunday and don't get to see the only headliner I like at the moment.

Crue, Manson. Megadeth and Slayer all make it worthwhile though, along with Download generally being excellent. Rumours of Machine Head playing too with their new album coming out, they best do as they rocked the fuck out of me in 04.

Looks like there will be loads of fuck emo chants again this year due to the crowd MCR will attract though.

I agree with you entirely. I tend to fall under the category of 'metal-head' and its pretty annoying to see people into the same things as you act like complete idiots.

The backlash on the download forums has been pretty big to the announcement (headliners have been officially confirmed on the Download website) and yeah it's only a few people, but it only takes one or two to start the sort of riots we saw last year, and with MCR most likely to be the excuse, they play on Friday. So it could potentially ruin the festival, as the scenes we saw at the end of last years could take place at the start of this years.

I'm looking forward to spending 5 days in a field with just a tent, a few mates, and lots of alcohol for company again though. Roll on June.