Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's already impressive line-up is being added to - we're excited to announce that Grammy winners Wolfmother, Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Killswitch Engage and Bring Me The Horizon have just been confirmed to play Download 2007.

The mighty Wolfmother make their debut at Download this year, their performance will be one of unforgettable proportions. Meanwhile, Slayer's monumental live show will justify why this is amazingly their sixth time at Donington Park. Tom Araya of the band said “Be prepared to enter the abyss and expect no mercy.”

Self-proclaimed ‘Antichrist Superstar’, Marilyn Manson is among the most notorious and controversial entertainers of our generation. Making a return to the festival for a 2nd time (2003 being the other), he will take to the stage on the Saturday night. Manson has revealed “I have a responsibility to make the music loud again, so that we won't hear the world coming to an end."

Killswitch Engage are one of the most important metalcore acts of the millennium. After a phenomenal Download debut in 2005, the band return due to popular demand. And to finish this week's announcement; despite only forming in March 2004, Bring Me The Horizon made their Download Festival debut in 2005. After triumphantly inciting moshers from all over Donington Park, Bring Me The Horizon return with their unique brand of deathcore. Catch their brutally energetic live show at Download this year.

Also they're selling the last few dregs of 2006 merch at half price. Just picked up the charcoal T-Shirt for a tenner, plus two quid shipping. Bargain.

Edit: Bar. Beaten by dragsy cause I was ordering a shirt :@

Anyway... here's the link for the Merch.

https://www.live-store.com/products/categor...&relcatid=0

• 2 weeks later...

The first major festival of the season arrives in just 100 days and we are excited to announce the next six bands added to the already exceptional line-up are Korn, Velvet Revolver, Dragonforce, Devildriver, Lamb of God and Dimmu Borgir.

Korn’s Download 2006 set saw vocalists from Ten Years, DevilDriver, Skindred, Stone Sour and Trivium fill the breach when Jonathan Davis was taken ill at the eleventh hour. Determined to give the performance the fans were waiting for last year Jonathan Davis explains, "I am so looking forward to coming to the Download Festival this year. I was heartbroken to pull out last time. So this time I am very happy to be coming back and we promise to rock the place! I will definitely make-up for missing the last one. You can expect an amazing Korn show!"

Velvet Revolver lead singer Scott Weiland said - "I have to say, I'm a big proponent of "the true rock and roll extravaganza". Although I might have to add that the Download Festival might have been a better handle".

Dragonforce return for the 2nd time with guitarist Herman Li saying, “We've had so many requests from fans asking us play to Download this year, and Dragon Force is always up for a free piss up, so there is no way we can let our fans down. We’re really looking forward to coming back for another rampage with more songs at Download 2007!”

Hard-as-nails metallic maelstrom DevilDriver make their second appearance and Dez Fafara says “It’s a privilege and an honour to be playing at this year’s Download. We had such a great time last year and the excitement in the DevilDriver camp is overwhelming about playing again this year! We are going to unleash a ferocious monster on the festival so get ready for the biggest fuckin’ circle pit in history!”

Vocalist Randy Blythe of Lamb of God, returns for the second year saying “The first time we played Download is one of my personal career highlights. To come back two years later will be even f*cking better. Britain might sink this time – be warned”.

And last but not least, Dimmu Borgir make their Donington Park debut with Silenoz announcing ”We’ve been looking forward to do this for many years and now it’s finally happening! We’re hoping the Diaboli Horde will turn up manifold in support of our first festival appearance on English soil!”

Korn, Velvet Revolver, Dragonforce, Devildriver, Lamb of God and Dimmu Borgir

Don't care about KoRn. All the others interest me though. I have one Dimmu album, never listened to it though.

Devildriver stole the show last year, both days they played (they stood in for Soilwork who couldn't make it). They probably had the biggest fucking pit of the festival in the Snickers tent too, it was to the edges of the tent.

LoG are pretty shit live, so not really expecting much from em, but them and Dimmu Borgir are decent bands for me to watch. Slayer haven't been good live since about 2003, and they weren't that amazing at Ozzfest 2002 at Donnington.

LoG are pretty shit live, so not really expecting much from em, but them and Dimmu Borgir are decent bands for me to watch. Slayer haven't been good live since about 2003, and they weren't that amazing at Ozzfest 2002 at Donnington.

Weird, having seen LoG live, and know others who have seen other shows, and they were one of the best bands we've seen live.