Download Festival

ravenjuice

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCR played before, nothing bad happened (apart from, you know.. them playing). What kicked off last year was Axl Rose, in all honesty. A lot of people got pissed off and walked away at various points during the set, and there'd been emo-bashing all weekend. Mix reaaally angry dickhead metal-heads, with smaller emo's, it was bound to happen. There was a lot of Media lies, though. "MURDER & RAPE AT DONNINGTON AS ENTIRE CAMPSITE RIOTS." & such.

I'd say I behaved, but I did set some guy's tent on fire. My field had a huge fire going on, my mate had some lighting fuel, I threw it in, the cannister, it blew up, something landed in a guy's tent, it set on fire from the inside. Awesome to watch. :shifty:

Also awesome when a couple of dozen cops showed up, with a camera. We just all stood there, being out innocent selves, around 60+ of us, they put the fire out, so we moved down closer to my tent & started a new one.

Bring on June.

Edited by Summers

Yeah I saw MCR last time they played. I'm ashamed to say I liked them at the time. I have honestly never seen a worse live band though. Gerard just kind of stood there and didn't sing. Especially during Helena, he just kind of stood there and did nothing. It was horrible.

And yeah I know nothing really happened last year, and that most of it was because Axl was pissed off with his sound or whatever. I'm kind of biased though, as I'm a huge Guns N Roses fan. I have an audio of the set though and you can clearly hear him shout at whoever it is thats supposed to keep his mic plugged in several times, and thats what appeared to piss him off. I still loved the set though, yeah it was unpredictable, and there were long breaks, but there are always long breaks in Guns N Roses gigs.

...kind of went off topic there.

Back to my point, I can just see the same thing happening with angry metal heads bottling the fuck out of MCR (like funeral supposedly were last year, I was at the camp site then though) and some emokid retaliating and shit kicking off.

Yeah I saw MCR last time they played. I'm ashamed to say I liked them at the time. I have honestly never seen a worse live band though. Gerard just kind of stood there and didn't sing. Especially during Helena, he just kind of stood there and did nothing. It was horrible.

And yeah I know nothing really happened last year, and that most of it was because Axl was pissed off with his sound or whatever. I'm kind of biased though, as I'm a huge Guns N Roses fan. I have an audio of the set though and you can clearly hear him shout at whoever it is thats supposed to keep his mic plugged in several times, and thats what appeared to piss him off. I still loved the set though, yeah it was unpredictable, and there were long breaks, but there are always long breaks in Guns N Roses gigs.

...kind of went off topic there.

Back to my point, I can just see the same thing happening with angry metal heads bottling the fuck out of MCR (like funeral supposedly were last year, I was at the camp site then though) and some emokid retaliating and shit kicking off.

I'm not saying GnR were bad, I was largely impressed, Axl was just a prick, though. And the crowd weren't gonna take it. There was audio problems all weekend, Coheed had bad ones, which caused Claudio to shout, a lot, off stage to the crew about the mics. Dragonforce's guitars needed a lot of tweaking, too.

Anyway.

I go to Download for a field full of friends, girls, alcohol & good live music. Whatever bands go, it's bound to be good. I'll always go, the atmosphere and fun outside of the Arena is the most fun.

Edited by Summers

Just got news from my friend who works for Clear Channel, apparantly theres a headliner yet to be announced who'll possibly be above Linkin Park on the bill. Apparantly they're already signed up to play, and if my mates right, I'm gonna .

Hell, the crowd will go apeshit, it'll almost be like bulls on parade ;)