What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Still one of my favourite films of all time, Johnny Depp's pirate inspired me to continually say "Savvy" and his roguish portrayal is a classic. As usual Orlando and Keira are superb, I'm dying to see number two.

Edited by Big Benji Baboon

B00000K19E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Matrix - 9/10 or (***1/2) A smart, cool-looking and even witty sci-fi film. The story is very fluent, orginal, and interesting in its progression, as it is intelligent while having enough interest and action effects to attract the aciton-savvy guy.

Coming up in a bit (as in probably a couple of hours due to my messed up Cinemax), The Matrix Reloaded.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B0000AXE8I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Matrix Reloaded Now, first you may be wondering why I have no rating for the film at the moment. Well, to truly examine a flick like Reloaded (and Revolutions when that comes on in two more hours), I feel we must look at it in two different ways:

1. As a stand alone film comparing to other films of their types.

2. As a part of the Matrix trilogy and comparing it to the first.

The first review: The Matrix Reloaded has everything a summer blockbuster wants. A decent story and plot, amazing effects, and a huge following of fans paying their cash to watch it. The effects will certainly give them the bang for their buck including an amazing train sequence that is one of the best action sequences in film history. For those jawdropping effects (well, that and Bellucci looked pretty nice in that dress :thumbsup: ), I liked Reloaded, even if it is slightly acting-wise.

Rating: 8/10 or (***)

The second review: The Matrix Reloaded is a good middle chapter of the trilogy, a philisophically pondering epic that answers some important questions about the Matrix, while trying to set up Revolutions on good footing. While it suffers from not having the clever plotting of the original and by just going through the motions at points, it is a solid enough film to hold onto the Matrix luster for at least one more film.

Rating: 7/10 or (**1/2)

Dawn Of The Dead

6/10 - My friend said it was good, i watched it..not so good in my opinion havn't seen the original though...**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

they didnt explain how zombies became zombies

28 Days Later

4/10 - Shocking, Just Terrible

Resident Evil 2

7/10 - Not as good as I thought I would be but still good

See the theme here, hmm

B0001BKAEY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Matrix Revolutions As a minor prelude to this review, I must say that seven or eight months ago, I reviewed Revolutions (before I had watched the whole trilogy, as I have done tonight) and gave it a 8/10. In fact, here's the original review from EWBIII

The Matrix Revolutions - 8/10 Good finish and a solid film. Sacrifice is the ultimate victory.

...and Numbahs' Hilarious response:

I guess that describes the whole series well...

Sacrifice good possible sequels for the ultimate victory(money).

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00005JH9K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wayne's World 2 - 7/10 or (**1/2)

630529142X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Waterboy - 7/10 or (**1/2) For some reason, I've never seen a Sandler movie I haven't liked. Then again, I haven't watched Bulletproof or Going Overboard either.

B00003CY67.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 8/10 or (***)