What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B00005JNJW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Closer - ****1/2 (8.5/10)

I've got something planned for my top ten movies so I won't go too in depth with this, but suffice to say, brilliant and delightfully evil. Completely the opposite of what I went in expecting. Thumbs way up.

Maria Full of Grace.

I rented it not knowing what to expect, just remembering hearing great things. I don't know what got me to pick it up, but i'm glad I did, because had I known the story I probably wouldn't have gotten it and that would've been a shame.

8/10

B00000K3TO.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

*SPOILERS INCLUDED IN REVIEW*

Night of the Living Dead(1990)- 3.5/10 Most horror movie characters lack common sense, but the characters in this film are worse then the usaul. You got one guy who instead of getting away wants to lock himself in a house. Then theres another guy who wants to stay in the basement and forces his wife and daughter to stay there too. Then theres one girl who wants to kick two of the people out because they fight. The characters have to find the keys to the gas tank that the owner of the house(whos dead) keeps across the street. They found keys, but they were the wrong ones. So what does the guy do? He shoots the gas tank. That pretty much sums up this movie.

B000085EFK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I Spy - 6/10 or (**1/2) There is good humor, meh action, and bad twists. But the good humor gets it over average a little bit. Though I will admit, Malcolm McDowell is still given the one-dimensional schtick (like in the likable, good-humored but slightly weak Tank Girl).

B00005QW6W.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Summer Catch - 3.5/10 or (*1/2) The only funny scene in this rom-com is the scene where Jessica Biel gets out of the water to the theme of G-String Divas. :shifty:

The rest of the movie is a sucky baseball romance flick with stilted acting from the leads. Avoid, unless you really like Ms. Biel.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

1_G.jpg

5.5/10

It's supposed to be a comedy film, but I didn't laugh really bad once in the entire movie. The storyline sucks and the things that happen are not explained in a good way and are just unrealistic. The Olson Twins still look like 7 year olds which is weird. The most funny thing in the entire movie was when Jack Osbourne appeared, and then 30 seconds later he appeared again but suddenly with different clothes on, and then 30 seconds later he appeared again with the same clothes he was wearing in the first scene.....they messed that up but that was the most funny thing in the entire movie.

0790744295.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Creepshow- 7/10 Good horror movie. The best segment was the 2nd one that had Stephen King. All the segments were good, except the first one which I thought was kind of corny.

B00005JNLO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou- 6.5/10 I thought this was decent. I think the reason that people don't like it is maybe because they were expecting a comedy, and while it was funny, was sort of a drama. Anyway, it was funny at times when it was suppose to be. The humor was very random though.

0800177975.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last Action Hero - 7/10 or (**1/2) While it gets a tad cheesy and corny during the beginning and ending segments, the film does serve up a good parody of the genre that made star Arnold Schwarzenegger and director John McTiernan known in film.