• Electronica
    • Funk & Soul
    • Hard Rock & Alternative
    • Hip-Hop & Rap
    • Metal
    • Pop
    • Rock & 'Indie'
    • RnB & Urban

Rock, Indie and Emo going together are a little amiss.

My favourite genres aren't really covered either, since I'm partial to Grunge, Adult Contemporary, Melodic Death Metal (which I know is covered in Metal, but meh), and other stuff that again, is probably covered, but still are a little off just calling it just rock or metal (stoner rock/metal, for example, as I wouldn't vote rock, emo and indie if I wanted to vote for stoner rock).

Off that list, I guess Metal is probably where I sit.

Had to vote country, cause out of that list...it's pretty much near enough, though I listen to a pretty broad amount of stuff.

WHERE WAS THE FOLK MUSIC HAMMY!? WHERE!?

Edited by The Lonesome Hobo

I understand getting vague, but sticking emo with indie and rock doesn't really make sense. You coulda lobbed it in with Hard Rock, and changed that to Hard Rock/Alternative, or something like that,

Minor gripes, though, so no worries.

Changed it and moved your vote (Y)

Had to vote country, cause out of that list...I'd take it.

WHERE WAS THE FOLK MUSIC HAMMY!? WHERE!?

There you go then, chuck folk in with C&W...They both come from the countryside.... :pervert:

Hammy is teh genius :w00t:

Hard Rock & Alternative. I do like a lot of metal, hip-hop, indie, and a bit of country, but I like a lot of the alternative rock nowadays. Stuff like the Foo Fighters, Audioslave and Coheed & Cambria. Then the likes of Avenged Sevefold, Life of Agony, 12 Stones. Fuck, I could go on for ages. Yeah, Hard Rock primarily, but I love all kinds.

Punk-Rock. And none of that bullshit Good Charlotte like stuff. I'm talking like Strung Out, Propagandhi, 88 Fingers Louie, A Wilhelm Scream, Death By Stereo, Lifetime, Paint It Black, Pulley...shit here. There's just so much variety, I love it. Plus it's generally real fast, and exciting.

If I had to choose from the list, I guess I'd choose rock & indie. For the likes of DCFC, Oasis, Bad Astronaut, The Decemberists and all that jazz.

Edited by YI

Gotta be Metal or Rock, so I'm gonna go with Hard Rock & Alt because, as with Nef, I like Audioslave and Coheed, plus stuff like Soundgarden, Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed.

Edit: Hammy, move my vote from Rock and Indie will ya, I just clicked the first Rock I saw <_<

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City

Well I did vote, and I voted for electronica. It's massively varied, ranging from beautiful simplicity to dirty noise. It also encompasses a load of excellent subgenres, from the IDM of Aphex Twin and Autechre, through the experimentalism of Bjork, the poppification of Polysics and Goldfrapp and the mature stylings of Add N To (X) towards the chilled out utopia of Airand Electrique via the 'style-culture' of Ladytron. Also groups like Radiohead have dipped into the huge electronic pool in their time and are all the better for it. (Y)

Not forgetting techno, drum n bass, ambient and the not so exciting hard house, trance, house, goa, gabber etc.