DS

K

So I've had a DS about a year. Never really got into it. My mate recently got one, and we started playing some multiplayer stuff. Realised the DS is cool, and I'm looking to get some games, not necessarily multiplayer. Just fun.

At the moment I have

Zoo Keeper

Super Mario 64 DS

Bomberman

Worms: Open Warfare

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training

What else is about?

Guest Zeokage

Mario Kart DS is a good buy. All the other games I have are Japanese so they won't help much, but if you get two copies of Tennis no Oujisama: Crystal Drive then you have another good option.

Animal Crossing is pretty good if you're committed. And I don't just mean for a few weeks or months, you've got to be committed for at least a full year to get 100% completion.

Metroid Hunter multiplayer is supposed to be really good. I've heard mixed reactions from the single player aspect.

Pokemon Ranger is class, not relatively hard, but not piss easy, it has an alright story arc (for a pokemon game), and it's pokemon :shifty: .

I didn't know you had a DS! I got one a few weeks ago, got bored of my PSP so I swapped it at GAME. animal Crossing is good if you don't mind the fact that there's no real point to it. I enjoyed it start with, but I'm getting a little bored of it. Girlfriend loves it though. I think maybe it helps if you know a lot of people so you can all go visit towns and stuff.

Trauma Centre is a really unique game, where you're a surgeon. It's frustratingly difficult, but it's fun. Or was until my uncontrollably shaky hands prevented me from getting past chapter 4.

Not sure whether I should admit this as a guy, but Nintendogs is pretty good, have to be willing to invest a bit of time with it, and try and avoid getting frustrated when the dog will not listen to your commands. Oh yeah, you also have to not mind talking to your DS :P

Sonic Rush is a quality platformer, possibly the best version of Sonic since the Megadrive. Goes back to basics, none of that 3D malarky. I really like it.

My mate has Yoshi's Island DS, which I've played a little of and decided I need to purchase at some point. Quality little platformer, though I'm warned it's a little short.

I fully intend to get Super Mario Brothers and Mario Kart DS when I get the cash as I've heard nought but good things about them.

And since I contributed, I shall now hijack the thread. Does anyone know if Madden on the DS is any good? I'm getting withdrawl symptoms since the only version I have access to is my brother's Madden 07 on the 360, which I can't play when I'm at Uni. Thing is, I don't just want to play games, I'm quite intrigued by the prospect of a portable franchise. Hmm, someone should release a good version of NFL Head Coach, even if it's just 2D graphics or an X's and O's type chart representation.

I didn't know you had a DS!

It's been sitting in a drawer collecting dust for about eight months.

Although now I have to do my Brain Training every morning, it won't have a chance any more. >_<.

Yoshi's Island DS, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario DS and surprisingly Princess Peach are all great fun games if you like them kind of things. The Spyro game is pretty decent too, and yes, Nintendogs is much fun. Its suprising how much enjoyment one can get from stroking and playing with small fluffy animals :pervert:

Has anyone played the Resident Evil DS game or Final Fantasy III? I also reckon Mario Basketball (or whatever its called) looks like a laugh. Anyone played that?

I only have one thing to say to everything else posted in this thread:

OBJECTION!

In other words, Phoenix Wright. I'm getting the second one for my birthday, hopefully, and the first one rawks like hell. It's fun, the story is actually well planned out and you really get in to it.

To the person who asked if RE:DS is any good, yes, it definetely is. It's pretty much a direct port of the PSX version but with the ability to use the stylus as well as an extra minigame. Hearing Barry's bad voice acting 10 years later fills my heart with glee. : )

As for Final Fantasy, same deal. The graphics are a bit on the klunky side and take some getting used to, but the game is just really easy to get sucked into.

Trauma Center, as someone mentioned, is one of the most inovative games I've played in years. It IS incredibly difficult though, but I'd say it's worth it.

Elite Beat Agents is a must if you enjoy rhythm-based games. It's fun, quirky style makes it enjoyable and the increasing difficulty levels make you want to come back for more. Plus, where else can you see an overweight ninja sneak into a building to "Canned Heat"?

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is awesome, simply put. You obviously know the deal with Castlevania games, but this one adds in the ability to play with a friend over WiFi. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

One game that you can pick up cheap that I personally enjoy is Viewtiful Joe (I forget the full name). It's an early DS game so it may not appeal to a lot of people, but I thought it was really fun.

Lastly, if you like point-and-click games, pick up both Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 as well as Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Both offer a gaming style you won't likely find in most games in the US (or UK, for that matter).

Guest digrind

There's a good reason why everyone keeps recommending Phoenix Wright. Seriously, get it. Best writing in a video game in at least the past decade.

New Super Mario Bros. (does it have a better name overseas?) is pretty good. Below average for a Mario game, but a below average Mario game is still an above average game. I hated the dearth of powerups, though.

Elite Beat Agents isn't in the UK yet? Geez, you guys don't know what you're missing. ^_^

My roomie and I have a blast with Tetris DS, but you probably already know whether or not that game would appeal to you.

So I've had a DS about a year. Never really got into it. My mate recently got one, and we started playing some multiplayer stuff. Realised the DS is cool, and I'm looking to get some games, not necessarily multiplayer. Just fun.

At the moment I have

Zoo Keeper

Super Mario 64 DS

Bomberman

Worms: Open Warfare

Dr Kawashima's Brain Training

What else is about?

I've played AC:WW once this year. Once.

I do love it, but it requires a fair bit of upkeep, mind you, if you don't really care it doesn't matter, but yeah. Prior commitments can get in the way and you can forget, but if you can spend 5 min a day on it, that's usually enough to keep everyone happy.

Mario Kart DS is a good pick up. I love playing balloon battles before school, awesome fun.

Don't forget all the wondrous GBA games you can play! It's refreshing to play the original Legend of Zelda, turn off the DS and not have to immediately think "Did I hold Reset, or did I just lose 4 hours of work?"

Edited by oldskool