Dark Tower the movie?

MalaCloudy Black

On February 14, 2007, Joblo.com announced that plans were underway for Lost creator J. J. Abrams to do an adaptation of King's epic Dark Tower series.

Source: Stephen King wiki article. ( :shifty: )

I'm kinda up in the air about it, on one hand this is the guy that created Lost.. but he also co-wrote Mission Impossible III. >_>

Relax people.

Realistically a Dark Tower film won't come out until at least 2009. JJ Abrams already has his hands tied up with Star Trek XI.

Although I think this would work better as maybe a one week long miniseries. Two hours per book, seven books....

Then again, it took them 4 days to do just one Stephen King book (The Stand), so....yeah.

I just don't think it'd be feasible if it were done as a film. Too complex, seven stories. You're looking at a project bigger than Lord of the Rings.

Before hearing this, there were definitely a few times where I thought about how a movie adaptation of the Dark Tower series would work out. Like everyone else has said, I think I would prefer something like an HBO miniseries. I feel like a movie(s) would have to compress so much story into such a little amount of time, cutting out certain aspects, and all that would do is piss off die-hard fans.

I agree with Zan. This won't work as a movie. The only way the books would work if it was made into a seven season HBO series. As was said before, there is just too much content to put into a movie.