Formula One 2007 Season

TheArsenal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone's disrespected anyone, it's Alonso who has disrespected Hamilton.

And look at my 'Loner' bit on Alonso a few posts above too see why I think that.

I think Hamilton has tried to 'make ammends' with Alonso a few times, but he just doesn't want to know Lewis.

It's called jealousy, folks.

I'm torn between Hamilton and Raikkonen winning the Drivers' Championship. It'll be quite a sight to have Ferrari winning both F1 titles again so quickly after Schumacher's retirement, but the Hamilton haters on the F1 forums I visit just make me root for the rookie even more.

There's Hamilton haters?, what's behind that, tis it just because he is a rookie, currently successful or something else?

My friend really hates him, apparently because he's one of the biggest benefactors of the Spygate scandal, and because he's 'obviously in on it all'. He also thinks that, if Hamilton wasnt British, we'd all be slating him too.

So maybe thats why they hate him?

I still want Raikkonen to win, because McLaren shouldve had their drivers points deducted too.

• 2 weeks later...

I like that Hamilton lost, he didn't deserve it. He threw it away, and Kimi's driving in the second half of the season was sublime. McClaren's drivers not losing points over Ferrari-gate prove that BMW drivers shouldn't for this enquiry. It's not able to be proven anyway.

The fuel temperature difference would give maybe a tenth a lap for three or four laps before the temperature raises back to the ambient level, it gave the cars in question maybe a second advantage over the course of the race. Nothing will come of this appeal.

But even if they were found guilty, the FIA couldn't punish the drivers. Alonso and Hamilton got away free after the scandal, the same would happen here.

They could disqualify them from the standings as this is a race specific technical infringement, same as if, for example their cars were found to be underweight in parc ferme or have a banned component during post race scrutineering. McLaren's infringement wasn't race specific, it was more akin to football's 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

It's a moot point anyway, because frankly I don't think the FIA would want the bad publicity that goes with a driver 'winning' the title, then having it stripped and given to someone else on a technicality involving a third party.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll stick this here to save starting a new thread

Alonso leaves McLaren

Let the musical chairs begin!

EDIT: Or more likey, he and Heikki Kovalainen trade seats.

Edited by gazzpriest