Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend"

EndOfAnEra

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like it actually. As alluded to earlier it sounds like 'Mickey', which is a good thing. Best song she's done since 'Skater Boi'.

<_< Well... both songs have.. "Hey" in it.

She looks way more fit in the video, no more of those childish clothes. That's all that matters.

Oh yeah, she looks like a slut.. much better.

Edited by Apshammunism

Avrile Lavigne has been made in a mold from the start. It's just that they tried to market her as an anti-Britney. Now that Britney is too busy self-destructing to be Britney, there's not much point to doing that, so it's no suprise they've just cast her as the generic pop chick.

I've always hated the whole "They sold out" argument for any band, or artist. They simply found what works, and they went with it. It's usually people who were fans of their "before they were famous" stuff and the minute they become famous, they sold out. People get into that business to make money, and if you think that any of your "indy" artists aren't looking for that, then I'd go as far as calling you a fool.

I've always liked Avril. She's hot, I love her voice (distorted is fun). Even if she doesn't write her own stuff, though she mentions that she has wrote some stuff, it's still catchy as hell for the most part. I don't know. Something about her has always drawn me to listen to her stuff. Not just her looks either.

Boo bloody hoo. She sells millions of her next album. She makes money. She's happy.

Hasn't she always been pretty pop oriented anyway? From the numerous songs I've heard anyway.

As my wife just said "It's stil the grungier end of teen punk-pop and a dance sequence anyways which is where she always was".

I never considered her a sell-out, since I hate that term too. It just seems like a major change for someone who was the anti-Britney. Liken it to 50 Cent ripping on Ja Rule for harmonizing, then doing the same in his next album.

But she still kept it on the edgier side of pop. She wasn't exactly saying "I'm a good wholesome girl"....she was more going with the skanky, I'm going to take your boyfriend bitch routine. She actually reminds me of Pink in a way. That more edgier pop sound.