Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Orton! Orton! Orton!

Seriously, Griese. You've gritted your teeth as you've been second on the depth chart to one of the most horrific displays of quarterbacking in recent memory. You finally, after two years, get a chance to prove you're not just another journeyman with a good pedigree. Your first start comes against a team with a below-average defense, and...you throw three picks. Fucking way to go, assface.

People at about 3 different boards have been telling me I was crazy for suggesting that the Bears should have started Orton over Griese if Grossman ever got yanked a few weeks ago. I don't remember if this is one of those boards or not offhand, and I don't feel like checking, but just in case:

I MOTHERFUCKING TOLD YOU SO!

Brian Griese = the Kyle Petty of the NFL.

Norv Turner has completely ruined one of the most talented teams in the NFL already, the fans were chanting Marty, Marty, even they realize that Turner is completely destroying the Chargers chances.
Edited by GhostMachine

Hands up, everyone who thought that going into Lambau, the Bears would be 1-3 and the Packers would be undefeated.

Guest GotMBTA

Talk about turn-arounds, the Chargers and Saints took a hard turn away from greatness this year. I don't count either team out, they both have a lot of talent in not-so-great divisions, but they are not looking good. I see a Dallas, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Detroit class in the NFC. However, I would not be surprised to see the Redskins get in on the Wildcard picture. In the AFC I think that the overall average nature we've seen in teams like Baltimore and Cincinnati along with the emergence of teams like Cleveland, Oakland, and Houston makes it awfully tough to call. I'm not counting out San Diego in the AFC West just yet, that's a weak division and they have a ton of talent. However, my class in the AFC is New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Kansas City, and Tennessee. San Diego probably has the easiest schedule in the West, but they have fallen behind in Division standings already. I think it'll come down to the whole division being tight and it coming down to tiebreakers. I'll go with the other star RB and a more proven QB than Cutler. I'm not sold on Oakland yet, but I do know thay have a very tough schedule.

I did have the Pats and Saints in the Super Bowl, but now I can see the Patriots going up against Green Bay. Tampa Bay has the defense to win, but their offense needs more time to click and learn how to win. Green Bay has the emotional story with Favre and a defense to win games. So, instead of narrowing it all down, I'll pick the championship games.

AFC: Pats and Colts

NFC: Packers and Seattle

Edited by GotMBTA

Oakland should be 3-1 if not for Mike's Shanahanagins. I'm not a fan of that BS timeout call a split second before the GW/GT FG is kicked :thumbsdown:

Don't blame you at all about the timeout, but Oakland needs one winning season before I take them out of my Sucktacular Division of Sucktitude.

If things keep going the way they are then they'll be out of it this season. ;)

I think Griese will be better. When he played in Tampa Bay he had the 6th highest passer rating(minus the week he got hurt). Give him some more than one game. He did manage two touchdowns out of it.

I was very impressed with Harrington. Looks like someone doesn't want benched.

You obviously expected too much out of Brian. He should get the start next week, and if he performs bad... send in Orton. Nothing to lose and the season is quickly going the way of a wash.

Not at all. I just expected him not to throw three fucking itnerceptions, that's why we benched Rex in the first place.

Ok, I was wrong about the Bears blowing out the Lions. To be fair (to me!) I wasn't up-to-speed on the Bears injuries at the time, and thought they were playing with all their starters (except Mike Brown who I knew was gone for the season).

I'm glad to be wrong though.

I would caution all of you talking about playoffs and the like to remember that we're only 1/4th of the way through the season. A team could conceivably be 0-4 right now and come back to make the playoffs.

I know it's fun to speculate though, and at the moment the previous 4 weeks is all we have to go by when determining who the best team is.

There's still a long season ahead though, and teams can get hot, or cold, or injuries can decimate a team.

Even one injury at the right/wrong position could hurt a team bad enough to ruin the rest of their season.

That's the NFL though, and why it's so crazy and exciting every year.