Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Anything less than the playoffs is horrible, and I'm a fucking Raider fan.

And if anyone knows from horrible... :shifty:

Ahem...I did forget about Favre, but like naiwf said, Brady's numbers would carry him through. About the only way Favre gets huge first-place votes is if Moss siphons off some of Tom's support.

And did anyone else find the Jon Kitna Halloween costume story funny as shit? People are debating if Kitna was out of line? Shit. A guy driving through Wendy's for a burger with no clothes on has it coming.

And did anyone else find the Jon Kitna Halloween costume story funny as shit? People are debating if Kitna was out of line? Shit. A guy driving through Wendy's for a burger with no clothes on has it coming.

Jim Rome said it best. How do you stop quarterbacks dressing up like assistant coaches who drive nude through a fast-food pickup window? By not having assistant coaches who drive nude through a fast-food pickup window.

It's hilarious. Kitna's slowly winning me over since his pre-season prestidigitation prediction.

Jon Kitna is god. Like, seriously. He just does what he wants, predicts what he wants, and likes to run for the ball when he is like, "WTF NO ONE IS OPEN.", and then he takes a huge hit, and everyone cheers, and he is like, "YEAH, YEAH, I'M JON KITNA." *shrugs*

Too bad Mike Wilbon said that the Browns are more legit than the Lions. Ouch.

The Lions D-Line coach wasn't bothered by Kitna's prank, so I don't think anybody is too worried about it in the Lions den.

It's eerily reminiscent of when Scott Mitchell dressed up as Wayne Fontes, using Mickie Mouse Ears (to symbolize we're going to Disney Land, or winning the Super Bowl) and proclaimed himself "the big buck" (as Fontes had done earlier).

Anyway, I don't think Kitna's lack of TD passes is relevant right now. He's playing efficient football, winning games, and finding the open target. With the running game getting more attention, it's obvious that his numbers will slow down. Plus, I think our redzone play calling has been atrocious in the last few games, Mike Martz needs to quit getting cute and simplify things down there. Plus, Kitna is doing an admirable job behind an offensive line that is susceptible to getting beat like a drum, though Kitna does hang on to the ball too long at times.

I think the real story though is the Detroit defense. They've given up yards, but they continue to find ways to generate turnovers, and have found a real gem in Dewayne White. Griese's four INT's last week were largely due to the pass rush Detroit put on him, with his usually getting hit as he threw the INT's. Right now, it looks like the LB's are the weakest link of the defense despite Ernie Sims playing rock solid on his side of the field. The secondary isn't perfect, but they have a league leading 13 picks on the year.

And about that Denver game. I'm a bit nervous, everything seems to be in our favor right now. The worst run defense going against our rushing attack that has found it's legs with Kevin Jones, Denver missing Walker and Henry, being at home, our WR's looking to humiliate Dre Bly (who is awful against big, physical WR's...and I think we might have two of those?), and a young QB having issues in the redzone (where the Lions D has been strongest). It all looks great on paper, but it's the kind of game you don't want to get too excited over.

The Lions are a different team with Kevin Jones healthy, Kitna doesn't have to throw it 50 times a game. The defense is overacheiving and the systems on both sides of the ball is sinking in. The Denver game is a game they should win as Denver can't score and their defense can't stop the run.

So I guess the Patriots are facing the Colts or something this week? I'm not sure. I figured someone would have said something on ESPN. :shifty:

Edited by Hellfire

In other breaking news, I hear that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are both pretty good at what they do. Hopefully one of these days they'll start to get some national recognition.

I predict Pats 38, Colts 35 with Brady throwing 4 TDs and Peyton getting 5, but the Pats winning on a late FG.

See for some reason everyone is ignoring Joseph Addai. If he has a big game, Colts win. That Pats defense isn't as great as everyone thinks, look at the amazing offenses they've shut down so far. Best team they've beaten is the Cowboys and they took 3 quarters to really do that. If you can control the clock against the Pats, you can beat them, and thats why I think the Colts have a very, very good shot at winning

Wow, finally, a good old fashioned blow out. Our defense is just playing lights out today, it's just too bad the offense has had a few problems, otherwise this lead might be even bigger. I still think Martz is too pass happy, but hell, I'm nit picking at this point.

I love it, go Lions!

Edit - And Shaun Rogers is playing a fantastic game today. He's having a hell of a year really, when the guy is motivated he's absolutely dominant and one of the best DT's in the league. Motivation being the big key.

Edit 2- HAHAHAHA, and as I praise Rogers, he picks off the ball and runs it in for a TD!!!! WOOOOOOO GO LIONS!!!!

Edit 3 - And another possible TD for the Lions D, but it's under review. Probably will be overturned.

I think it's time to get Kitna and KJ out of the game if the offense gets the ball back.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Yeah, go Lions! 6-2...that's great. Good game by the defense, and Kitna finally got a couple of TD passes. I expected them to be good this year, but they're doing much better than I've expected, especially defensively. If we can get the defense to play like this all the time, we've got the offense to win a lot of football games. I'm really looking forward to the big Thanksgiving showdown with Green Bay.