Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

What a win for the Browns! I was so pissed at the end of regulation that they signaled that missed, I figured it was just Cleveland finding ANOTHER way to lose...luckily they got the call right and the Browns pull it off in OT!

Once again displaying why overtime is a shitty idea. For the first game since we starting losing, we were in control for most of the game, but because some cunt in a suit says so, we get beaten by a field goal and don't get a chance to fight back. Fuck you overtime

Edited by SKA

What a win for the Browns! I was so pissed at the end of regulation that they signaled that missed, I figured it was just Cleveland finding ANOTHER way to lose...luckily they got the call right and the Browns pull it off in OT!

Once again displaying why overtime is a shitty idea. For the first game since we starting losing, we were in control for most of the game, but because some cunt in a suit says so, we get beaten by a field goal and don't get a chance to fight back. Fuck you overtime

I guess you forgot it was a couple games ago when Seattle was in Cleveland in Overtime, and they won the toss, and yet, the Cleveland defense stopped them on 4th and 1, and we went on to win the game. It's not overtime's fault the Raven's defense just couldn't step it up when they needed to.

It's overtime's fault that a game that's tied at the end of 4 quarters isn't settled fairly in the NFL.

4th and 1....already up 35-7 Pats go for it and get the TD. 42-7. He continues to do this in a year where they have a good team....sooner or later someone will hurt Brady. He's willing to throw away a potential Super Bowl.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a team earlier this year score something like 35 in the fourth quarter to win a game? They are still in the third, so they have to continue to keep in thier starters at this moment in time because they have no secured the win yet. Nothing is wrong with Brady being in there at all.

4th and 1....already up 35-7 Pats go for it and get the TD. 42-7. He continues to do this in a year where they have a good team....sooner or later someone will hurt Brady. He's willing to throw away a potential Super Bowl.
Edited by Pepsi

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a team earlier this year score something like 35 in the fourth quarter to win a game? They are still in the third, so they have to continue to keep in thier starters at this moment in time because they have no secured the win yet. Nothing is wrong with Brady being in there at all.

I think that team was the Lions, scoring 34, setting an NFL record for points in a quarter.

I didn't say anything about Brady being in there or not.

Surely that is what he is responding to?

Anyway, I find the 'running up the score' thing laughable. This was my first chance to see the Pats (since Channel 5 only show inititally the MNF game, and then recently the SNF game as well) this season, and they were incredible. Sure, the Bills may have been lacking, but they just looked dangerous. If a team can't stop you, why let up?

If a team can't stop you, why let up?

Exactly. I loved watching it, I was watching the game at a bar while Survivor Series was on and couldn't stop laughing. Why do the Patriots run up a score? Because they can. Why go for it on 4th and 1 when you have a huge lead? Because he's Tom fucking Brady. No one is going to intentionally hurt him as it will be the end of their NFL career if they do. Looking at it more realistically, maybe if a team could stop the Pats, they'd stop embarrassing them.

Edited by Zero

It'll be the end of someone's career if they intentionally hurt Brady? Bullshit, they'd get a fine and a game suspension and they'd be back out there. Not hard to just go a little too far with a tackle and wreck a guy's knee, look at the Bengals/Steelers game a few years back. Didn't look like an intentional hit and it probably wasn't, but it did the job. Leave Brady in for too long running up the score and pulling shit like that, there's eventually going to be someone who doesn't give a shit and takes a shot at him.

You don't run up the score and keep your starters in deep into the fourth quarter out of respect, which is something the Pats don't have for anyone, and eventually they'll run into someone who feels the same about them.

It'll be the end of someone's career if they intentionally hurt Brady? Bullshit, they'd get a fine and a game suspension and they'd be back out there. Not hard to just go a little too far with a tackle and wreck a guy's knee, look at the Bengals/Steelers game a few years back. Didn't look like an intentional hit and it probably wasn't, but it did the job. Leave Brady in for too long running up the score and pulling shit like that, there's eventually going to be someone who doesn't give a shit and takes a shot at him.

You don't run up the score and keep your starters in deep into the fourth quarter out of respect, which is something the Pats don't have for anyone, and eventually they'll run into someone who feels the same about them.

And they'd have no ground to do it anyways, as if Brady gets injured in the 4th quarter, cause he's still in there even though they're up by 28, its the Patriots fault completely. There's a HUGE reason why you don't keep your starters in and run up the score, because a 56-10 victory in the regular season means jack shit if your stars get hurt. Its disrespectful and moronic what they're doing and it's going to catch up to them. Respect is huge in the NFL and I'm not going to be suprised if they piss someone off and pay the price.

You're missing Zero's point. Someone who intentionally went out of their way to hurt Brady wouldn't get banned from the NFL by the commish. That person would however be treated like a pariah by the coaches/players. It would have been the same for a guy to try and take out Michael Jordan simply because no one could beat the Bulls back in the day. Guys like Maxx are openly rooting for a guy to blow out someone's knee because the Pats don't punt and take knees in the first half of games, which is almost as ridiculous as someone doing it.

Don't care about the first half. Brady was in during the 4th last night! Thats just ridiculous, and if they keep doing it, they deserve something bad to happen to them. Simple as that