Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Don't care about the first half. Brady was in during the 4th last night! Thats just ridiculous, and if they keep doing it, they deserve something bad to happen to them. Simple as that

So someone deserves to have a debilitating injury, possibly resulting in the end of his career because the other team can't beat him? Yeah, that's real sportsmanlike conduct. It's statements like this that make me love watching Brady and the Patriots run up the score because it just exposes how people take sports way too seriously.

And if you think the NFL is going to let someone off easy for intentionally injuring the most valuable player in the league, you're nuts.

If you don't think the league would take serious action on someone deliberately injuring one of their 3 star QBs (Brady, Favre or Manning) you're crazy. There's a difference between the hit Palmer took in that playoff game and "gooning" someone which is what Maxx seems to be advocating. This is a professional sports league that is more image conscious than any other and they don't need video footage of Player X trying to cripple Brady to "send a message" being played on every sports show in America for the rest of the season.

I find it funny that Maxx says that the Patriots have no respect for their opponents when he's basically condoning a player purposely injuring a star player because the other team can't stop him/them. Yay for respect! And clearly anybody condoning someone taking a player out in any sport has very little respect for the game and it's players.

Oh and anybody who "happens" to injure a Tom Brady is going to be under a microscope, especially if the team that said player is on is getting slaughtered.

Edited by Disco King

If you don't think the league would take serious action on someone deliberately injuring one of their 3 star QBs (Brady, Favre or Manning) you're crazy. There's a difference between the hit Palmer took in that playoff game and "gooning" someone which is what Maxx seems to be advocating. This is a professional sports league that is more image conscious than any other and they don't need video footage of Player X trying to cripple Brady to "send a message" being played on every sports show in America for the rest of the season.

I'm not saying they wouldn't punish someone more for deliberately taking someone out. That's obvious. I'm saying it shouldn't matter what quarterback is hit. If someone deliberately takes out Joey Harrington, for example, the player should receive the same punishment as if they deliberately took out Tom Brady.

That's all well and good but if a player purposely injures a guy who could go down as the greatest QB of all time and their team is getting slaughtered by said QB, the NFL isn't going to take it lightly. And I think if it came forward that a player intentionally hurt someone like Joey Harrington, they would get the same treatment; just that if one were to injure Brady, like I said, they'd be under a microscope.

They treat no one with respect, they deserve what they get. Thats what I'm saying. I'm not sitting here hoping and praying it happens, I'm just not going to be suprised if it does. They have no respect for anyone and they deserve what they get, stop taking what I say out of context.

I hate the Patriots because I live in New England and have to listen to Patriots fans shit every single year. I'm sick of hearing how great and classy the organization is. Their players cheat, their coaches cheat, but somehow we're supposed to sympathize with them cause people came out of the woodwork to criticize them? They deserved every claim people made about them and their past seasons should be looked it.

They have no respect for anyone and they deserve what they get, stop taking what I say out of context.

Well your context there is pretty vague. "They deserve what they get..." well what do they deserve? The team's plane to crash, killing everyone on board? Their star player getting severely injured? No, what they deserve is to play the game of football and if another team can beat them, awesome. Until then, these "cheaters" are proving they didn't need videotape to slaughter any team in the league.

Yeah, no team deserves anything that involves a player purposely injuring their star just because they can't stop them. It's called defense, perhaps teams should try and play it and maybe they wouldn't get embarrassed like that.

And you are condoning the actions by saying that they deserve it when, in fact, they don't. They don't deserve it because they're playing the same game as every other team in the league, they're just doing it better.

Rodney Harrison, HGH, cheater.

I'm saying if they choose to keep their starters in during the 4th when they're up by 28, if they choose to take that risk, then they absolutely deserve what they get, if anything bad happens. Someone gets pissed off and takes a cheap shot at Brady? Under those circumstances, the Pats deserve that, because there's no reason for their starters to be playing in a situation like that.

We get it, you can score alot of points. Now its the 4th, you're up by 28, what is left to prove? Nothing, and you're being flat out disrespectful to the opposing team and the game in general. You've got the game in hand, sit your starters and stop running up the score. If they chose not to do that, then they're choosing to be disrespectful, If that pisses off someone on the other team and he takes a cheap shot at Tom Brady, then thats the Patriots fault for choosing to attempt to meaninglessly run up the score.

I'm not saying I want their plane to crash and them all to die. I'm simply saying if they choose to be run up the score and keep all their starters in deep into the 4th when they're up by a huge margin, then if anything happens to those starters, its the Patriots fault because they simply shouldn't be in there.

every team cheats. its if you get caught. it happens at every level, you do whatever you can to get an advantage, and if you don't get caught, you keep doing it. and if a guy took brady out on purpose, he wouldn't be suspended by the commish, he would be blacklisted by every gm, and coach in the league.

every team cheats. its if you get caught. it happens at every level, you do whatever you can to get an advantage, and if you don't get caught, you keep doing it. and if a guy took brady out on purpose, he wouldn't be suspended by the commish, he would be blacklisted by every gm, and coach in the league.
Edited by De

Damn, I'm seeing a Be post ? Thought I turned off 'allow gays' .... oh well. Here's an idea, go back to being banned.

On topic though, it clearly isn't that obvious if people aren't getting the picture now is it ? And just like it isn't the Patriots fault they're this good, it isn't my fault that the Pac-10 isn't as good as you'd want to believe.

To the people saying that anyone injuring Brady or someone would be fined or suspended heavily........do you guys understand that it really isn't that hard to hurt someone in football without making it look like it's that serious. All it takes is one hit. You don't think someone from the Dolphins with absolutely nothing to lose will go in just a little harder on Brady or Moss?

Damn, I'm seeing a Be post ? Thought I turned off 'allow gays' .... oh well. Here's an idea, go back to being banned.

Was this necessary? Play nice.

You don't think someone from the Dolphins with absolutely nothing to lose will go in just a little harder on Brady or Moss?

I think these guys have plenty to lose. Yes, I understand it would be difficult to prove it was intentional, but anyone that hits a star player is going to be under the microscope. Still, I hear a lot of this stuff from fans, but I sincerely hope no one in the NFL is that sick that they're going to set out to intentionally harm someone just because they're that good. When did all the Pats-haters turn into little Tonya Hardings?