Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

I'm totally bummed about the Brett Favre resurgence coming to an end. I would have loved to see him get one more trip to the Super Bowl, even if he lost. But oh well. Will Giants fans finally lay off Eli now that he got them to a Super Bowl or will they just hate him even more if he loses?

Its New York, if he ever stops playing as well as he is now, they'll hate him. But then he can rebound and they'll like him again, then he can choke and they'll hate him again, and it'll go on like that forever. Who's the last athlete thats really won over New York and has silenced the critics completely. I think Jeter would be the last I've seen and thats probably only because he won several world championships. New York fans are incredibly fickle, they'll turn on Eli again if he gives them reason to, and he'd only get a free pass with a super bowl victory.

With the 90's Cowboys, they seemed love because their fanbase was so spread out. In the case of the Patriots, its hard to find fans outside of New England or possibly the New York area, so it just seems like the rest of the country aren't fans.

I just don't get how people call a team "their team" if they're not from the city they play in or if they have no home team in their city. I mean, I like the Packers because of Brett Favre's awesome run this year, but I would never root for the Packers over the Bengals, ever. I know it happens all the time, but I don't get it.

With the 90's Cowboys, they seemed love because their fanbase was so spread out. In the case of the Patriots, its hard to find fans outside of New England or possibly the New York area, so it just seems like the rest of the country aren't fans.

I just don't get how people call a team "their team" if they're not from the city they play in or if they have no home team in their city. I mean, I like the Packers because of Brett Favre's awesome run this year, but I would never root for the Packers over the Bengals, ever. I know it happens all the time, but I don't get it.

I live in Rhode Island, but I'm a Cowboys fan because my dad is one and I was raised as such. I call them my team because they're the team I root for, hence my team.