SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. The superstars hardly talk anyway (maybe a few lines for the entire year), so why can't they just give generic voices from the CAW files to those they didn't get voice acting for?

I wouldn't have minded that, but even then you would have still had people saying "Ugh, why did they give him Voice A? Voice B sounds so much more like his voice".

Picked it up yesterday with my girlfriend and tried out some simple stuff. My impressions of the demo were quite false, despite only having two matches this is damn fun. I like the new controls and everything flows nicely. I actually had a very long ECW rules match between my Monty and her Punk.

But with that in mind... How do you put someone through the flaming table? I set it on fire no problem, but actually putting her through the damn thing didn't want to work at all. I tried a top rope move, whipping her onto it and even tried a few ultimate control moves. So yeah... We fought for a good 15 minutes with a flaming table sitting in the ring.

I suppose later today I'll try out the dreaded 24/7 mode and see what the problems are.

• Admin

Right I bought this game last night but I haven't played it yet due to some of the reviews I've read. I don't want to break the seal in case I want to return it, so my question is...

Is the game really that bad? I've played all of them previous and the only one I don't own is 07 which I've actually barely played.

I think the overall consensus is that the gameplay itself is good fun, but the modes like 24/7 are badly implemented. I think if you're a long running fan of the series you'll enjoy it, it's up to you whether the good gameplay outweighs the bad features.

Explain me this: I beat HHH's cronies Nitro and Edge and they both alignh with me. Coach books HHH vs Nitro & Edge w/Me, and yet, after Nitro & Edge win, the next cutscene is as if ive been injured fighting Nitro & Edge. Before checking WWE Magazine, I went into my e-mails and entered an e-mail from Teddy Long. I couldnt press back, I HAD to decide whether to move to SD or not right there and then. I decline, knowing itd be a bad idea. I go to check WWE Magazine...'Jeff Hardy loses Title Shot'.

Thats nothing. I just continued by season mode, started Raw and 4 out of 5 matches are "The Rock vs The Rock: DRAW" for the WWE championship :shifty:

Somehow, I managed to lose the World title and yet not be informed.

Anyway, I transfered to SmackDown halfway through then decided to go back to Raw. Only to end up getting the gay respect storyline again.

24/7 mode is fucking shit.

Guest KrisBoyd

First Smackdown game I've played in a few years and I definetely think the season mode has gone backwards.

Anyone know how to pick up an opponent so that they are facing away from you? Surely there is a better way than picking them up and walking behind them?

Edited by KrisBoyd

Ive just started GM mode as ECW, and Ive got ten guys. I'm not sure about it tbh, because I cant fill all of my match slots and use both promo segments too. However, it looks neat that you can do all the activities like in season, only picking one superstar to do them each day.

You have to have a special, go up to the table and press the special button.

Personally, I've only been able to put them through the flaming table with an Ultimate Control Suplex, though maybe I managed a Powerbomb once. It seems like you have to line it up perfectly or otherwise it won't do the move at all, giving the opponent an easy chance to reverse the move and really piss you off.