SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were to make a suggestion to the creators of the SDVR franchise, it would be to take a break from releasing a wrestling game for a year or two and just work on the inner workings of the game. They need to really take a closer look at what they're doing. Each game since HCTP has gotten progressively worse, IMO.

If I were to make a suggestion to the creators of the SDVR franchise, it would be to take a break from releasing a wrestling game for a year or two and just work on the inner workings of the game. They need to really take a closer look at what they're doing. Each game since HCTP has gotten progressively worse, IMO.

I'm sure they'd love to do that, but THQ will think otherwise. Not to mention there could be a contract in place with WWE that says a game has to come out every year.

The next best thing is to have one team start working from scratch on a true next-gen version, while the regular team updates the current version for next year and then helps with the new version after that. That way, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 will be the true evolution of the game that people have been hoping for for a while. Unless they've already thought of that and therefore Smackdown vs Raw 2009 will be that fresh start...

I'm sure they'd love to do that, but THQ will think otherwise. Not to mention there could be a contract in place with WWE that says a game has to come out every year.

The next best thing is to have one team start working from scratch on a true next-gen version, while the regular team updates the current version for next year and then helps with the new version after that. That way, Smackdown vs Raw 2010 will be the true evolution of the game that people have been hoping for for a while. Unless they've already thought of that and therefore Smackdown vs Raw 2009 will be that fresh start...

People every year complain about a new "Control Scheme" you think they won't freak out about a whole new system?

hey peeps i think this is the most fun smackdown ever cause of the controls but the roster and storylines pretty bad, so i looked at the past smackdown games from what i like about games big rosters and great story mode WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth and WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain seem to be the outstanding two and i remember playing on them both alot when i had them, i love a good draft i like using skills with that so i guess im asking which would be the best game for me to get outta these two? dont get me wrong ive got 2008 atm and its fun just i wanna play good stories any help pls

I think that may have been sarcasm, not sure, but I really have to ask, What was so great about "Storylines exactly like what was seen on tv"?

I mean, I've seen someone in this thread mention now, both how great Shut Your Mouth, and No Mercy's story mode was, and while I'll admit, it was cool, seeing other superstars in places where someone else should have been (Like Kurt Angle getting attacked by the nWo? Sweet...) but really, it was just the same thing we saw on tv the previous year.

And considering, WWE storylines, at least going by what's said in the Ring, and other forums, are seriously hated at this point, I would think people would not want to just play through them with someone else.

To me im not going to complain about it because it features ECW and the first ever game that has a original hardcore match extreme rules out of all the smackdown's games and I am really enjoying it because of Sabu and the other ECW Legends but they should have put RVD in there some where but im not worried about it though.

If you think the inclusion of ECW makes this a better product than previous installments then go ahead, but in my opinion the ECW Extreme Rules match is just another hardcore stipulation.

For one even the match is flawed, no pins outside the ring? If this was really the most extreme match possible at least make it falls count anywhere.

I hate hitting a big spot in the audience area and not being able to pin.

I've just tried to do the Submission Sensei achievement of having none of your struggle submission holds broken in a normal submission match but I can't seem to get it. Am I right that the moves where you have to move the right stick to wrench the hold are the struggle submission moves? And if yes, by having them not broken does it mean by rope break and/or opponent reversal or do you have to make them submit with your first one? I don't get it :ohwell:

edit: nevermind, did it.

Edited by dwsnuk

If you think the inclusion of ECW makes this a better product than previous installments then go ahead, but in my opinion the ECW Extreme Rules match is just another hardcore stipulation.

For one even the match is flawed, no pins outside the ring? If this was really the most extreme match possible at least make it falls count anywhere.

That's not flawed, those are ECW rules. Falls only count in the ring.