Star Trek fans

9 to 5

I have recently been given Star Trek - Birth of the Federration by a friend since I have an interest in both the genre and the series. Now I lack a manual, no worries I prefer to learn by planning anyhow. Is it an easy game to get into and such? Good for multiplayer? More importantly, is it any good? Yes I have many questions >_>

It's alright. Building up the infrastructure on new colonies is about the most tedious thing on any computer game ever. I do still get the urge to play it every now and then (along with Star Wars Rebellion, aka Supremacy). ...But the urge never lasts long. Certainly its Star Wars counterpart is a better game by a fair margin (though neither are what I would call 'great').

Edited by stokeriño

It's alright. Building up the infrastructure on new colonies is about the most tedious thing on any computer game ever. I do still get the urge to play it every now and then (along with Star Wars Rebellion, aka Supremacy). ...But the urge never lasts long. Certainly its Star Wars counterpart is a better game by a fair margin (though neither are what I would call 'great').

I am dissapointed that I never got to play it multiplayer.

I should, but I never personally refer to it as the Expanded Universe. I just say "the films" or "the books" or possibly "the comics". I certainly understand what I'm talking about. ¬_¬

Plus if I were to talk in generic terms about the 'Expanded Universe' people would start throwing stuff like the NJO at me, and I really can't be bothered with that shit.

Rebellion was awesome, considering the time period it came out in. One of the first games to acknowledge the EU, if I recall correctly.

Rebellion WAS awesome, quoted for emphasis. I found myself using an editor on it, though, just to make it seem a little more...correct, like TIE Fighters being cheaper.

One thing I did use a lot of was the "Cards". You could download character cards and put them into the game. Sometimes they were small cosmetic picture changes, other times they were new characters. I tried to get as many real picture cards for the game, instead of those little drawings they had.

Plus, Boba Fett could now be used for the Empire.

I also edited characters accordingly. I didn't feel it was right that Thrawn should be the top ship researcher for the Empire, instead I made that Daala's role.

Although....having a lot of Jedi doesn't make the game fun.

I wasn't aware you could edit the game...

And while Thrawn isn't exactly a good candidate for Ship Researcher, Daala's just as useless. More so, I would say. At least Thrawn was well educated. :shifty: Just like on the Rebels side, I'd put Akbar as one instead of Wedge - since he did have a part in designing the B-Wing after all.

I wasn't aware you could edit the game...

And while Thrawn isn't exactly a good candidate for Ship Researcher, Daala's just as useless. More so, I would say. At least Thrawn was well educated. :shifty: Just like on the Rebels side, I'd put Akbar as one instead of Wedge - since he did have a part in designing the B-Wing after all.

Well, Ackbar COULD research. I don't know who to replace Wedge with, though.

I figured Daala was better because she designed the Sun Crusher. . .

As far as editing it, you need this program called "RebEdit"

D'oh, I forgot Akbar was another one for some reason...

And Daala didn't design the Sun Crusher. Bevel Lemelslik (sp?) did. She was just the one charged with guard duty of it.

Oh, ok.

Well....the only other logical ship design research one I can think of for the Imperials would be Vader, but he's already too important as it is.