Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

It's just a shame there isn't any Teen Spirit or Come As You Are, or even Lithium. I can't see Something In the Way being that fun to play. Breed on the other hand, that should be fun.

I absolutely heart the grunge, so I too am in favour of a grunge pack. I'd like to see some non-Superunknown Soundgarden (read: Badmotorfinger. (read: Rusty Cage and/or Outshined.)), something like Rooster from AIC, Mudhoney, Screaming Trees, Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog and Candlebox. Some Bush would be a good addition too.

EDIT: It just occured to me, there's only been one Audioslave song on any of the GH & RB games. For a band that could've arguably been or become one the biggest hard rock bands whilst they were together, that's pretty low. Shadow on the Sun, Your Time Has Come, Show Me How To Live and The Worm need to be played. Now.

Edited by TheModernWay

I thought Nevermind was supposed to get an album release? Didn't they announce that before Rock Band 1 came out? Balls.

That was a case where someone misquoted a rep from Harmonix and it got blown way out of proportion. So it was never officially confirmed that Nevermind was going to come out as an album.

And fuck Visions for hindering my getting of the bladder of steel achivement. :angry:

The 20 free DLC has been announced. Dropping November 4th.

The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"

Authority Zero - "No Regrets"

Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"

The Cab - "Bounce"

The Chevelles - "Get It On"

The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"

Dealership - "Database Corrupted"

Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"

The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"

Hollywood Undead - "Young"

Kutless - "The Feeling"

The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"

Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"

Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"

Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"

Shaimus - "Like a Fool"

Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"

Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"

Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"

X Japan - "I.V."

Meh. But they are free, so I'll give them a try. Maybe they'll turn out good like that other free song from that Rocker movie.

Vesuvius is leagues above some of this stuff though. Seriously... they made a big deal about 20 Free Songs after release... and they're glorified Harmonix Band Level Tracks.

Vvvveeesssuuuuvvviius.

Well, they did say they weren't going to be Harmonix bands. And they aren't. Still never heard of them.

At least we're finally getting some Underoath, I'd have preferred something off of They're Only Chasing Safety, but the new album's still pretty good. And at least they aren't afraid to put screamy metal in.

Twenty free songs and people are bitching because OH NO THEY'RE NOT BY THE WHO OR IRON MAIDEN OR SHIT.

I think it's really cool that they're just giving away twenty tracks... don't get me wrong there.

What I'm saying is... they hyped it up so much for so long, about how it was going to be great stuff... then in the last week or two I've started reading interviews where Harmonix employees began downplaying it, saying that it wouldn't be well known bands for the most part, and yadda yadda yadda.

It just kind of feels like a bait and switch, where until the game is released and selling well, they only tell us about how great it is... and then just before they announce what the tracks are, they start downplaying the excitement they had leading in.

I'm sure I'll end up with more than 3 songs, and I'm definately going to check out the ones I haven't heard before on YouTube or something, but again, it's just a little underwhelming.

Also, as a sidenote... Shaimus is an HMX band, and a few others, I couldn't find any info on at all... so who knows.

Twenty free songs and people are bitching because OH NO THEY'RE NOT BY THE WHO OR IRON MAIDEN OR SHIT.

I didn't expect The Who or Maiden, but I did expect to at least be somewhat familiar with one of the bands. I don't think that's unreasonable, especially after, as Gabe said, the twenty free songs were rather hyped up at first.

I agree with Gabe and Sousa, I'm not bitching that there's twenty free songs (although it's nothing special, they were supposed to ship with the game anyway), it's just that they'd said before that there were well-known acts and not piddly bands involving the developers. I don't think anyone was expecting massive bands like Maiden or The Who, but some of those bands I've never even heard of the band, let alone the song.