Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

1. Put the Rock Band 1 game disc into your Xbox 360 and start it up.

2. If you haven't played it recently (since Rock Band 2 launched 9/14/08), it should show there is a small update to download. This should only take a few seconds and then the game should start up.

3. Go to Options on the main menu and you should have a new choice, which is Export Songs. Select it.

4. Once selected you should be prompted to enter a password, which is on a small piece of paper that comes inside the case for Rock Band 2. Enter this password.

5. Look at the screen. The screen should then show how much the fee for the transfer is (400 Microsoft Points or about $5), if you don't have 400 points or more tied to your account, you'll need to purchase them online with a credit/debit card or enter the code from a store purchased point card.

6. Select Confirm Download and a file will download, which should only take a few seconds.

7. Wait. Once this is downloaded, it should begin the transfer process which takes about 10 minutes (and about 1.5 Gb of space on your hard drive).

8. When this is complete you can take out Rock Band 1, put in Rock Band 2 and now have access to 55 of the 58 songs from Rock Band 1. Add this to the 84 songs on Rock Band 2 (plus 20 free bonus tracks coming later) and any downloaded songs you may have, and you have quite a setlist.

The 25 digit code should be for the 20 free DLC. I don't think there's a password to put in as I remember exporting my RB1 songs to my hard drive before RB2 came out. Once you go to options and export songs it should just pop up to purchase the license and then do that and it'll start the exporting.

1/20 DLC

Steve Miller Band “Space Cowboy”

Steve Miller Band “Take the Money and Run”

Steve Miller Band “The Joker”

Godsmack “I Stand Alone”

Belly “Feed the Tree”

Ghost Hounds “Wind Me Up”

Mute Math “Typical”

Rob Zombie “War Zone”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Steve Miller Band 3-pack

Cheah, fuck Godsmack.

SOME PEOPLE CALL ME THE SPACE COWBOY

YEAH

SOME PEOPLE CALL ME THE GANGSTER OF LOOOOOOOOVE

I look forward to seeing that on youtube, see what kind of fake ending it has.

Edited by Marlon King Ellis

The Godsmack one sounds familiar. Was it a WWE PPV theme a few years back or something?

edit: Ahhh, Scorpion King closing credits track. Awesome. Knew I knew it somehow.

I passed my first song on Hard difficulty guitar yesterday. Chuffed with that. Still not completed the medium tour though. Haven't had RB1 long but really looking forward to the RB2 release. I'm tempted to export the songs and trade in the game but I'll miss Enter Sandman, it's one of my favourites :( I'm a really big fan of Go With The Flow now too. Haven't been able to get it out of my head the last week.

Awesome Godsmack. Oh wait, I'll never get to p;ay it because Ellis sucks.

I think a two thirds majority should overrule his faggyness, but after our humiliation on JCP, I don't think he'll ever accept my suggestions again >_>

Just picked up Rock band yesterday and saw about the import songs thing.

Does that mean that I could just pay the price, import the songs and sell my Rock Band for RB2? or do I have to unlock all the songs in Rock Band before they transfer over?

And secondly, I have some singstar mics for the PS2, they use a USB adaptor that splits them into two mics. Would they work on Rockband 360? Or do they have to be single mics not split mics?

I've plugged them in, and the 360 kinda detects them but I have no clue how to set them up

(Sorry if I've just asked the three most asked questions at once >_<)

Just picked up Rock band yesterday and saw about the import songs thing.

Does that mean that I could just pay the price, import the songs and sell my Rock Band for RB2? or do I have to unlock all the songs in Rock Band before they transfer over?

And secondly, I have some singstar mics for the PS2, they use a USB adaptor that splits them into two mics. Would they work on Rockband 360? Or do they have to be single mics not split mics?

I've plugged them in, and the 360 kinda detects them but I have no clue how to set them up

(Sorry if I've just asked the three most asked questions at once >_< )

Yes, you can just pay the 400 microsoft points and transfer the songs to your harddrive and then sell it.

And, no, the singstar mics will not work with rockband on the 360.

Was on the Rock Band PS3 store yesterday, and looking to download Lenny Kravitz. For some reason it listed it as Purchased, then when I attempted to 'Download again' it said the tracks were unavailable. What gives?

Having had the game a few weeks (although barely getting a chance to play it) I'm quite happily passing songs on Medium now (except a few toughies which I'm just about scraping through, Suffragette City I struggled with). How good do I have to get on Medium before I start looking at stepping up to Hard?

Also, where do I go to request some limp bizkit? <_<

Here's the DLC announcement arriving on the week of 1/27. We're busting out our second Grateful Dead pack, bringing you six more tracks from one of the jammin'est bands around. Seriously groovy stuff. The Grateful Dead Pack 02 will contain the following tracks:

Hell In a Bucket

Don't Ease Me In

Cold Rain & Snow

Doin' That Rag

Fire On the Mountain

Uncle John's Band

All tracks are original master recordings.

These tracks will be available on Xbox 360 in the Xbox Live Marketplace on January 27th, and they will be up on the Playstation 3 in the Playstation Store on Thursday January 29th.

These classic Dead tracks will run $1.99 (aka 160 Microsoft Points) a piece, or $9.99 (aka 800 Microsoft points) for the full Grateful Dead 6 pack.

Edited by ragbag