The X-Files Rocks The Shit.

K

I just bought the first three seasons of the X-Files on a whim, they were in CEX and they were cheap so I picked them up.

There's so much more to them than I remember, it's awesome.

I watched back in the ninetys, but so much of it went over my head due to missing episodes, watching out of order, shit like that. Now I'm watching them all in a row... shit is deep.

The Deep Throats, Cancer Man (You black lunged son-of-a-bitch, I'm going to expose you and your project!), Skinner, Foxs Sister, the Clones, Krycek, to say nothing of the constant search for the proof of Extra Terestrials.. I mean, in my head I remember the X-Files being about proving that Aliens exist... really it's about proving that the proof exists. All these things developing and recurring.. subtle references here and there it's amazing. It's all these strings intermingling and crossing before fading out then coming back into the light.

Shit is deep.

I bought all nine seasons after watching one episode which I thought was awesome (the one where the guy'd die if he slow'd down, cleverly called Drive), and after watching them all, I've come to a conclussion:

Nothing happens. Yeah there's all this secret and hidden shit going on, but nobody's opinion's on anything changes in the first seven years, and Scully's opinion changes when she's 'forced' to believe when Mudler is abducted. Basically the first five or six seasons are really good, but from then on it became a real chore to watch.

Edited by TMM

I used to watch it ALL the time with my Dad. We bought as many episodes as we could get our hands on. The one where his head explodes if he slowed down was fucking crazy. I remember being shit scared at the guy who hibernated then went on a cannibalistic spree, using human organs to keep himself alive for hundreds of years. There's so many great episodes, it's just a fucking awesome show.

& The Smoker owns you and your family.

I am a big fan of them and watched the first four seasons in the last few weeks too, Alex Krycek is by far the best character in X-files i just hoped he would have had a bigger part.

I have a lot of memories of it, some of the stories were good my fave has to be "Born Again", the whole Extra Terestrial search was really good. Also Gillian and David really acted the parts out well.

The Xfiles was excellent. I've watched almost all the episodes , but I'm itching to get the seasons on dvd. I own the Xfiles movie , I really like it. most people I know hate it. According so some rumors I've read online and another Xfiles movie is in the work. I hope it makes the light of day cause I need some more Scully and Mulder lol.

The episode with the leech man was creepy. I like the episode where the guy has to eat the infected organs of cancer patients to survive. The way he shed his outer skin was sick as well.

The Lone Gunmen were the shit though and hated it when they died

I would have liked the X-Files movie better if NIN was on the soundtrack like they were supposed to be. Stupid Filter. :(

But I surprisingly enjoyed the movie, and I've never watched a single episode of X-Files.

Edited by Tristof

X-Files is back on TV in Australia. If anyone in Australi has Foxtel and has access to the Sci-Fi channel check it out at...I think 7:30pm.

I now have an urge to go out and buy every season.

Oh and one of the episode I liked was the one where that old FBI guy was the reason that JFK, MLK and Roswell were all under a conspiracy

Stop right now, it starts getting shitty within season 3 and after that it´s almost never the same.

i actualy bought the first three seasons on VHS back in the day wen i was in england... they even were woroth a lot of monney before the DVDs got released.

The two Tooms episodes creeped the fuck out of me.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

There's an episode in Season Three I really don't understand, if someone could help me out...

It's the one with the Cockroaches.

It's a piece of shit episode, but it's bugging me. Here's my summary, as I understood the episode.

So basically all these people start dying and cockroaches are found at the scene of every death. Naturally the townspeople point out the connection and you're supposed to believe that it's the cockroaches going around killing people. Along the way however, we find out that it's all a series of coincidence and fortuity. The episode is basically a parody of the X-Files. (Clever idea, just doesn't work very well). It's cockroach season, which combined with a recent infested shipment of dung to a local energy plant, has resulted in a higher than average population of Cockroach in the area. For this reason a young Entymologist has set up a research base in the area.

First of all an exterminator dies, Fox smells foul play, but Scully assures him that a lot of people are allergic to Cockroaches, it was probably just that. Then a teenager dies in his room smoking drugs. Fox smells foul play, but Scully reminds him about a rare condition known to affect stoners, whereby they believe insects to be crawling in their skin, and they cut themselves to try and remove the phantom bugs. Dude dies in a toilet, Fox smells foul play, Scully explains that he was straining too hard, had a brain aneurism. Dude dies in his bed, Fox smells foul play, Scully explains that he had a heart attack after seeing a cockroach, thanks to the media hype.

Fox and Scully go home, all is well. The end.

Oh wait, no... I forgot to mention that Fox found two highly sophisticated robot cockroaches which were far in advance of anything that humans can currently produce. Not only that, but one disintegrated as soon as Fox touched it, and hours after the second was analysed, the metal in the exoskeleton broke down so far as that it could no longer be identified.

Never mind. Let's all go home.

What the fuck? Did the robot cockroaches not warrant further investigation? Seriously.

If I missed something, pleeease tell me.

With Duchovny, probably the best one hour drama I've ever seen. Right up there with the first three of four years of ER, once he got the movie star bug and kept trying to leave, the show became a chore. The guy who tried to kill John Cena was just not a suitable replacement.

With Duchovny, probably the best one hour drama I've ever seen. Right up there with the first three of four years of ER, once he got the movie star bug and kept trying to leave, the show became a chore. The guy who tried to kill John Cena was just not a suitable replacement.

Doggett kinda grew on me. Even though he was basically early series Scully (without the science) when Scully became early series Mulder (with the science).

The X-Files made David Duchovny, and Duchovny made the X-Files. He's been pretty uninspiring away from the show, and without him the show was pretty much on auto-pilot until he decided to turn up again.