Movies That Frighten People.

Dr. Rated-R

I think with the Friday the 13th movies, or at least parts 1 through 5 and 9 onwards, is that none of them are particularly good as films, but as slasher movies, they're all fantastic. Yeah some really stupid things happen, but you're supposed to leave your brain at the door aren't you?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, Darkness Falls creeped the hell out of me. I wouldn't go to the bathroom which was through a dark room after watchng that movie. It wore off quick, but for those first few minutes after the movie I was like "DAMN" and wasn't moving out of the light.

I'll definitely agree that Friday the 13th 1-3 are all great. 4 is a little shaky, but an important part to the series. 5 is fucking terrible, 6 and 7 are weak, 8 and Final Friday are great campy fun, and Jason X is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. Freddy vs. Jason was fucking great, they really need to get on the ball with a sequel.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the only ones I like.

Nightmare on Elm Street and New Nightmare are pretty scary. The sequels mostly suck (except DREAM WARRIOOOOOOOORS), but at least they're really funny.

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street movies due to Freddie Krueger being a funny fucking guy. As you said, they are pretty lame movies, but fucking funny. I'd say I liked them all up until Wes Craven's New Nightmare, which I found to be very boring. Plus, the 80s rock in some of them, fucking gold.

And the only movie I can think of that really sort of weirded me out is Children of the Corn. The first Children of the Corn is fucking brilliant, but the sequels are fucking shitty, and not in a fun way.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I'll definitely agree that Friday the 13th 1-3 are all great. 4 is a little shaky, but an important part to the series. 5 is fucking terrible, 6 and 7 are weak, 8 and Final Friday are great campy fun, and Jason X is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life. Freddy vs. Jason was fucking great, they really need to get on the ball with a sequel.

Halloween 1 and 2 are the only ones I like.

Nightmare on Elm Street and New Nightmare are pretty scary. The sequels mostly suck (except DREAM WARRIOOOOOOOORS), but at least they're really funny.

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street movies due to Freddie Krueger being a funny fucking guy. As you said, they are pretty lame movies, but fucking funny. I'd say I liked them all up until Wes Craven's New Nightmare, which I found to be very boring. Plus, the 80s rock in some of them, fucking gold.

And the only movie I can think of that really sort of weirded me out is Children of the Corn. The first Children of the Corn is fucking brilliant, but the sequels are fucking shitty, and not in a fun way.

The only part of New Nightmare that was even funny or interesting is when he's dragging the chick up the wall and he asks the little boy if he wants to play skin the cat....