Rate the following metal bands..

RKOwnage

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of those bands are the type of power metal I really hate, and I wish diseases on each and every one of them. As far as the ones listed, I can only pretty much stomach Kamelot, Necrophagist and one Iced Earth album ("Horror Show", that is).

Most of those bands are the type of power metal I really hate, and I wish diseases on each and every one of them. As far as the ones listed, I can only pretty much stomach Kamelot, Necrophagist and one Iced Earth album ("Horror Show", that is).

They have the worst vocals I've EVER heard.

Ever.

They have the worst vocals I've EVER heard.

Ever.

Pfffft.

Bruce Dickinson > Tobias Sammet/Andre Matos > Tony Kakko > Hansi Kirsch > The Rest.

As for Barlow vs. Owens, I only have Alive in Athens (along with one or two other random songs), and I think that was Barlow. So Barlow is sex.

I don't like Hansi Kursch that much for some reason. His accent gets really annoying to me, but I live in America <_<

Edited by Farmer Reil

Iced Earth -- 8/10. I like 'em a lot, although I'd also rather have Barlow than Owens. I don't listen to them nearly as much as I should, really, because they're quite awesome.

Hammerfall -- 5/10. Their music is nothing offensive, but it doesn't captivate me. Catchy and fun to listen to at times, though.

Nevermore -- 8/10. Really awesome group; I like all of their releases, their latest in particular. Took me a while to get into 'em, but it paid off.

Symphony X -- 7/10. Their talent is undeniable, and I enjoy listening to their music, but there's just something about their sound that rubs me the wrong way. I don't necessarily feel the music lacks soul or personality, but it does all feel a tad mechanical, in a way.

Wintersun -- Haven't listened to it enough for me to really have an opinion on 'em.

Kamelot -- 5/10. Solid, but not for me, I don't think.

Ensiferum -- 5/10. Some catchy stuff here and there, but nothing special.

Edguy -- Haven't listened to enough for me to really have an opinion on 'em.

Dream Theater -- 10/10. The only group whose songs I can constantly find something new and exciting in despite having heard them a hundred times before. My favourite band by a mile, I'd have to say.

DragonForce -- 5/10. Fun to listen to for a while, but gets tiresome and repetitive faster than most bands I can think of.

Down -- Haven't listened to 'em in many years. Wasn't really my type of thing back when I heard 'em for the first time, but then again, I'd just begun discovering Metal at that time, so perhaps I should check 'em out again one of these days.

Blind Guardian -- Same as with Down, although I've heard more from these guys, and I actually liked it quite a bit - I just haven't felt compelled to listen to 'em in a good while.

3 Inches of Blood -- Only listened to Deadly Sinners, which was decent fun.

Bands I haven't heard much of

In Flames - 3/10. I've never been able to see the appeal - their older stuff is, to me, mostly forgettable, while their newest stuff is downright bad.

Suidakra - Never even heard of 'em. o.o

Necrophagist - Haven't heard an entire album's worth of songs yet, but what I've heard has been good stuff.

Iced Earth -- 8/10

Hammerfall -- n/a

Nevermore -- 8/10

Symphony X -- n/a

Wintersun -- n/a

Kamelot -- n/a

Ensiferum -- n/a

Edguy -- n/a

Dream Theater -- 9/10

DragonForce -- 9/10

Down -- not heard enough, what I heard was good though

Blind Guardian -- n/a

3 Inches of Blood -- 7.5/10

Bands I haven't heard much of

In Flames - 10/10 (easil;y one of my favourite bands going)

Suidakra - n/a

Necrophagist - pretty good, but not heard enough to give a decent rating

The n/a's just cover bands I've never heard of (Suidakra) and ones I've never really listened to.

Iced Earth -- 8/10

Hammerfall -- 6/10 (Not heard much of them, only 2 or 3 songs)

Nevermore -- 8/10

Symphony X -- N/A (Haven't heard anything tbh)

Wintersun -- 7/10

Kamelot -- 9/10

Ensiferum -- 7/10

Edguy -- 10/10 (Love 'em. Went to Bloodstock in 05 just to see them and passed out from over-indulging in beer and dope just before they came on. Luckily they played in Glasgow last year though and were fucking awesome. As far as recommendations go, get Hellfire Club...seriously awesome album)

Dream Theater -- 7/10 (Good band, just haven't heard enough of their stuff)

DragonForce -- 2/10 (Overrated as fuck. Almost every song sounds the same and they are quite honestly the most boring band I've had the misfortune of seeing twice)

Down -- 8/10

Blind Guardian -- 7/10

3 Inches of Blood -- 1/10

In Flames -- 9/10 (Mostly due to older material. Not a fan of the last 2 or 3 albums)

Suidakra -- 9/10 (Last album was dire, but everything else is top notch. Used to be one of my favorites but sorta just went off them.)

Necrophagist -- 3/10 (Not my thing)

Other bands/artists I'd recommend...

At The Gates

Kataklysm

Nightrage

Buckethead

Masterplan

Dark Tranquillity

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot...add Mercenary to that list of recomendations.

Edited by Bloodbath