Rate the following metal bands..

RKOwnage

Edguy -- n/a

Bad Liam! Bad! *slap*

I can only take my Power Metal in doses, and although I have songs of thiers, I've just not really sat down and had a chance to try them out.

EDIT: And I'll second At The Gates love, though thier later stuff more than thier early stuff.

Edited by Liam Byrne

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Gates is bad imo <_<

I dunno, I think that thier earlier stuff is pretty hit and miss, but Slaughter Of The Soul (IIRC) is pretty much seen as a classic of the genre, and rightfully so. Excellent stuff.

At the Gates is bad imo <_<

Then you best avoid anything labeled "Melodic Death Metal" or most Scandinavian bands.

From the looks of the bands he listed, he doesn't seem that into that style of music anyway. Though, he may like 'cleaner' MDM bands perhaps, like Soilwork's later stuff.

Edguy -- n/a

Bad Liam! Bad! *slap*

I can only take my Power Metal in doses, and although I have songs of thiers, I've just not really sat down and had a chance to try them out.

Pffft. Their last two albums were hardly Power Metal at all. Well, ok, Hellfire Club was half power metal, with the likes of Navigator, Forever, Rise Of The Morning Glory and The Spirit Will Remain, but Rocket Ride isn't at all power metal.

I just assumed they were still doing more Power Metal-y stuff. Whats thier stuff like now?

This thread just reminds me of how much I used to be into In Flames. Now, though, it seems very difficult for me to listen to them. I don't know why, but for some reason, I'm having problems getting back into them.

Though, I will say that Down and Machine Head are all sorts of awesome and 3 Inches of Blood is pretty good.

And if you don't like At the Gates, then The Haunted is probably out of the question as well.

You should check out the band Sentenced (although they've retired/disbanded) as well as Evergrey. Those bands may interest you.

Guest Pringle

Ill namedrop some bands

Amorphis

Cathedral

Control Denied

Exhorder

Exumer

Helloween (Kai Hansen era)

Kalmah

Manticora

Municipal Waste

Outworld

Pyramaze

Royal Hunt

Sinisthra

Symphorce

Therion

Wolf

Edited by Pringle

Yeah, check out some Cathedral. I'll also throw in some Paradise Lost and Anathema.

Hell, maybe even some My Dying Bride, though I'm dragging you more over towards Doom Metal than anything.

Although Paradise Lost's stint as the Doom Depeche Mode :shifty: is actually pretty good.