International Cricket Captain

lafunky xxvii

Yeah, I think so especially as it's the first go.

Just a quick note before the game begins - I've simmed through all of the 2006 season with most of the appropriate players. As some of you will know, if you sim a whole season on Normal you tend to get spanked so some of the averages might be a little lower than they were. Also, the World Cup came under the 2007 season, so I got us eliminated with a selection of shit players (although one of them score a 100 vs Canada on debut [take that Vaughan! >_>]), so it means to view your players' stats you can just do current and they'll be all your work.

Any questions just post. We may as well use this thread for boasting and stuff. Here's the game:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/p60ts9

Not sure which file you need so I zipped both of them. Just put them in the saves folder.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. Well I'm gonna play the first test tonight, now about to pick the squad. Reading the stipulations again, it doesn't say whether Nixon is enforced first choice for just one day games or test matches too... The one about limiting the pace attack might be a little bit harsh. I'd have to have dropped Simon Jones but he's played 96 first class games, so he's alrite.

Here's my squad for the first test, and the probable order:

Trescothick

Vaughan

Strauss

Bell

Pieterson

Flintoff

Collingwood

Nixon

Hoggard

Harmison

Panesar

12th man: Simon Jones.

Really wanted to give a recall to Butcher, but I'll see how I do. There were a few others too, Cook, Anderson etc.

Edited by Thomas

Wasn't the best of performances, but managed to bat a day and a session to save the first test vs India.

Trescothick- 7, 68

Vaughan- 5, 18..... n/a, 1/39

Strauss- 7, 101

Bell- 119, 6

Pieterson- 83, 64

Flintoff- 6, 49n.o..... 2/55, 1/50

Collingwood- 15, 50n.o......1/44, 0/54

Nixon- 11

Hoggard- 6.... 1/64, 0/57

Harmison- 6.... 4/113, 0/89

Panesar- 1n.o.....2/59, 2/109

Hopefully that's easy to understand. I lost the toss, and so they made me bat (I wanted to bowl too).

India- 345 all out

England- 275 all out

India- 415/4 dec

England 372/5

Match Drawn.

Picked my squad for the first test match, probably start it tommorrow. A bit of a different line-up than Thomas.

Vaughan

Strauss

Cook

Pietersen

Collingwood

Bell

Flintoff

Nixon

Jones

Hoggard

Panesar

12th man - Broad

btw, do you want screenies?

Edited by 9 to 5

I've named the same team for the second test, might tinker with the order a touch, and probably bring in Jones for Hoggard, depends on the conditions.

---

So I played the game and lost by 8 wickets. Another poor display, we need to score way more runs with the amount of talent they have in the batting department. I lost the toss again, and again they did what I was going to do, which is bowl this time.

England- 290 all out

- Trescothick 69

- Bell 52

India- 510-9 dec

- Hoggard 3/73

- Flintoff 2/86

England- 342 all out

- Vaughan 114

- Pieterson- 57

India- 124-2

- Flintoff 1/30

- Harmison 1/31

One change to the side for the third test, Hoggard dropped for Cook. Jones has been twelfth man for the previous two tests, so it's either him or Cook who get the nod.

---

In the end I didn't pick Jones, and after seeing the conditions I regretted the decision to drop Hoggard. I shuffled the pack heavily: Cook, Vaughan, Strauss, Pieterson, Fintoff, Trescothick, Bell, Collingwood, Nixon, Harmison, Panesar.

--

Lost by 14 runs... so close! :(. Not such a great start losing the test series 2-0!

India- 402 all out

- Panesar 4/67

- Harmison 2/93

England- 346 all out

-Strauss 178

-Trescothick 71

India- 190 all out

- Flintoff 6/58!

- Collingwood 2/39

England- 233 all out

- Strauss 79

- Vaughan 52

England Win First Test By 10 Wickets

A heroic 289 by captain Michael Vaughan has led England to victory in the first test of the three test series against India. Vaughan was well supported by Pieterson (139) and Bell (118). Meanwhile, England's bowlers also played superbly, particularly Hoggard (5-84) and Panesar (6-69).

EWBEngland1.jpg

* Highest innings score in a Test: 4/592 dec.

* Highest innings score in a ODI

* Lowest innings score against: 316 (India)

* Lowest ODI score against

* Highest individual score in a Test: 289 (Vaughan)

* Highest individual ODI score

* Best bowling in a Test (innings): 6/69 (Panesar)

* Best bowling in a Test (match): 7/144 (Panesar)

* Best bowling in an ODI

* Quickest 50: Didn't take note of this :(

* Quickest 100: Didn't take note of this :(

* Most runs in a series

* Most runs in the year

* Most wickets in a series

* Most wickets in a year

Now the special awards

* First person to score an ODI 100 with Michael Vaughan

* Highest score by the 'next' Alistair Cook (debut only): 6* (Harvey) >_>

* Highest score with Monty Panesar

Edited by Zaz

England Hangs On For Draw In 2nd Test

Another century from captain Michael Vaughan was not enough to put England in an unbeatable position in the series thanks to superb batting from India's Jadhav (132 and 112*), Tendulkar (139) and Dhoni (129). England's bowling struggled in both innings and it wasn't helped by the poor fielding of the side. Two positives were Panesar's continuous ability to take wickets and Collingwood picking up three quick wickets in the first innings of Tendulkar, Dravid and Gambhir. Unfortunately, Harvey fell one short of his first 50. England only has to get a draw in the third test to win the series.

EWBEngland2.jpg

* Best bowling in an ODI

* Quickest 50: Didn't take note of this :(

* Quickest 100: Didn't take note of this :(

* Most runs in a series

* Most runs in the year

* Most wickets in a series

* Most wickets in a year

Now the special awards

* Highest score with Monty Panesar: 4*

England Win Series 1-0

Just like the 2nd test, it was England's batting that saved them from defeat in the third and final test of the series. A century from Strauss (114) and good performances from Harvey (78), Flintoff (69) and Pieterson (56) helped England fight to a draw after a strong batting performance in Indi's first innings. After originally being 2-353, India collapsed, losing the next 8 wickets, including Laxxman retiring hurt on 0, for 79 runs, with Flintoff, Hoggard, Broad (who was brought in for Harmison) and Panesar each picking up 2 with Collingwood dismissing Tendulkar for the 2nd time this series.

EWBEngland3.jpg

* Best bowling in an ODI

* Quickest 50: Didn't take note of this sad.gif

* Quickest 100: Didn't take note of this sad.gif

* Most runs in a series: 596 (Vaughan at 119.20)

* Most runs in the year

* Most wickets in a series: 14 (Panesar at 30.43)

* Most wickets in a year

Now the special awards

* Highest score with Monty Panesar: 9

How about stuff like highest partnership?

Edited by Zaz

My Squad for the India Series :

1. Marcus Trescothick

2. Andrew Strauss

3. Michael Vaughan

4. Kevin Pieterson

5. Scott Newman

6. Andrew Flintoff

7. Paul Nixon

8. James Anderson

9. Matthew Hoggard

10. Simon Jones

11. Monty Panesar

12. Paul Collingwood

Still not chosen between Collingwood and Jones yet.

Fuck me, that was easily the most tense and exciting game I think I have ever played on ICC. India won the toss and elected to bat, and Flintoff ripped into them early on reducing them to 14/2, Tendulkar for a duck as well. Sadly he, nor any of my other bowlers wanted to follow up the great start and watched as Dravid and Jadhav put on 263 between them. Flintoff was the only decent bowler in the 1st innings, getting 5 wickets including the top four batsmen. India were eventually all out for 405, Jadhav 140, Dravid 118. So, having noted how India do with the bat would we learn anything?

Did we fuck. Strauss managed to get Vaughan run out on a duck to start us off at 3/1. By the time we struggled to 100 Cook, Bell and Pietersen had been and gone. Strauss and Collingwood helped our score out for a bit but we still only just managed to avoid the follow on with a pretty awful score of 219, Strauss 61, Bell 33. So, on to bowling again hoping to top our great start we did in the last innings. The second ball of the innings dismissed Sehwag. The two tormentors of the last innings Jadhav and Dravid very quickly followed and I nearly had a stroke when India were 3/3! Of course they recovered a bit but at one stage were 103/5 so I had reason to be thinking about victory.

India showed why they weren't called England, and their middle order rescued them with Yashpal Singh leading the charge with an awesome 141. India got to 294 and looked very comfortable with a day and 2/3 of another to bowl at us being 480 runs ahead of us. I thought we best try and protect our wickets best we could and try for a most unlikely draw. A plan which wasn't helped by Strauss going for a single and leaving us at 2/1. A 123 stand between Vaughan and Cook helped out a bit until Vaughan was dismissed by Kumble, and Cook only added a single run with Pietersen before he joined the captain out.

Now, this is where it got interesting. Pietersen was in a no shit taking mood and Bell displayed the form that clearly must have got him called up in the first place. Both managed to bat well and add runs together to get us up to 340 before Bell was finally bowled for 91. Collingwood and Flintoff didnt last long but still as we entered the last session of the day the chances were we could win the game, never mind just draw. The wicket of Pietersen on 173 when we were just 41 runs from victory hurt us badly. Nixon and Jones did well with the bat but we couldn't quite make it and were finally out for 467, just 14 runs away from the comeback of all comebacks.

I may have lost, but fuck, what a match.

# Highest innings score in a Test - 467 vs India, 1st Test

# Highest innings score in a ODI

# Lowest innings score against - 219 vs India, 1st Test

# Lowest ODI score against

# Highest individual score in a Test- Pietersen 173

# Highest individual ODI score

# Best bowling in a Test (innings) - 5/82 Flintoff

# Best bowling in a Test (match) - 6/150 Flintoff

# Best bowling in an ODI

# Quickest 50 - Cant say I checked, sorry

# Quickest 100 - Ditto

# Most runs in a series

# Most runs in the year

# Most wickets in a series

# Most wickets in a year

* Highest score by the 'next' Alistair Cook (debut only):

* Highest score with Monty Panesar - 3

Wow, what a first test match, I can't beleive we managed to pull out the victory in what was one of my biggest achievements on this game to date. First innings, despite a good partnership between Strauss and Pieterson we struggled to reach 285. Then after an almost 200 run opening partnership I thought we were well and truly sunk, but Monty managed to pull it back and leave us needing 145 (or something) to overtake their score. Losing Tresco and Pieterson early meant that it would be down to Vaughan and Strauss to give us a shot, and a good partnership of 164 gave us a shot, with cameo innings from Newman and Nixon just giving us a lead of 160. I knew it wasn't enough, but the bowlers, Simon Jones especially came out all guns firing. Jones getting the top four quickly, leaving them 47-4. I then brought on Anderson for Hoggard, and from 4-74 to they went to 8-114, with Anderson taking the next four big wickets. With both of the two tired and Monty injured I was left with Flintoff and Hoggard to finish off the innings, and they did so. Unfortunatly, I have just found out that Monty is out for 10 weeks, leaving me without a decent spinner, I may have to call upon a certain Ashley Giles.

# Highest innings score in a Test - 318 vs India, 1st Test

# Lowest innings score against - 285 vs India, 1st Test

# Highest individual score in a Test- Strauss 117

# Best bowling in a Test (innings) - 4/39 Anderson

# Best bowling in a Test (match) - 6/118 Simon Jones

# Best bowling in an ODI

# Quickest 50 - Kevin Pieterson - 67 Balls

# Quickest 100 - Andrew Strass - 200

# Most runs in a series

# Most runs in the year

# Most wickets in a year

* Highest score by the 'next' Alistair Cook (debut only):

* Highest score with Monty Panesar - 10

Edited by L.C.S

Well, not such a good game for us this time round, where the bowling failed us and the batting was as limp as ever. I'd replaced Panesar with Giles and Scott Newman with James Beale (My Cook.) We had the oppertunity to bat first and I hoped we would put a big score on the board before the Indian Spinners could get to grips with the pitch. Unfortunatly Strass went early for five, but then it was the Vaughan and Pietersen show as they built the score up to a healthy 120-1 at lunch. Unfortunatly straight after lunch Pietersen went for 88, Vaughan continued to build a good innings with Trescothick until the latter fell, bringing in the youngster. Vaughan made his way to 98 before falling just two short from his hundred, leaving the youngster with Flintoff, they batted well before Flintoff departed. Beale passed 50 and was looking great until he was undone by the demon spin of Singh. Nixon batted well with the tail to get us to 371. Not bad, but not great.

The Indian innings started perfectly with Simon Jones picking up the wicket of dangerman Sehwag for 5. However this is where the fun stopped, as Tendulkar and Ghambir just whacked us everywhere in a partnership of 200. Both men reached their ton before a mixure of Anderson and Jones finally got the breakthroughs in quick succession. Dravid went cheaply, bringing in Rao, who played a cracking innings ending 95 n/o as he batted all the way down to the end with the rest of his team, giving them a total of 462. Simon Jones was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 4/133.

Vaughan departed in the first over for nothing as England got off to a disastrious start. However, two partnerships later Pietersen and Trescothick had taken England past the Indians total and it was time to push on and set a decent total for chasing. Unfortunatly Singh decided it was now he wanted to make a difference in the game, taking a hattrick, his first victim, Pietersen was bowled, followed by Beale who was caught behind and then Flintoff caught at slip after the Doosra. Game over for England as they couldn't really recover, creeping and struggling to a score of 198, with Trescothick getting just less than half the team runs on his own.

The Indians knocked the runs off with little difficulty and it went to 1-1.

# Highest innings score in a Test - 371 vs India, 2nd Test

# Lowest innings score against - 198 vs India, 2nd Test

# Highest individual score in a Test- Strauss 117

# Best bowling in a Test (innings) - 4/39 Anderson

# Best bowling in a Test (match) - 6/118 Simon Jones

# Best bowling in an ODI

# Quickest 50 - Kevin Pieterson - 67 Balls

# Quickest 100 - Andrew Strass - 200

# Most runs in a series

# Most runs in the year

# Most wickets in a year

* Highest score by the 'next' Alistair Cook (debut only): James Beale - 60* vs India , 2nd Test

* Highest score with Monty Panesar - 10

Well, we both posted high scores for our first innings, my 491 to 428. Bell and Cook both made centuries, and took roughly the same amount of time to do so. Only trouble was I collasped in the 2nd innings and they strolled to a 8 wicket win. Only positives I can really take away is that harvey made a decent debut with a maiden half century and that I have edged ahead in the Panesar run stakes. >_>

# Highest innings score in a Test - 491 vs India

# Lowest innings score against - India, 247

# Highest individual score in a Test- Pietersen 173

# Best bowling in a Test (innings) - 5/82 Flintoff

# Best bowling in a Test (match) - 6/150 Flintoff

# Best bowling in an ODI

# Quickest 50 - Strauss, 77 balls

# Quickest 100 - Bell, 188 balls

# Most runs in a series