International Cricket Captain

lafunky xxvii

Beat the WIndies in the 2nd and 3rd test to make it 3-0. Harmison schooled them in the first innings of the 2nd test, getting 6-70. They ended up leading after my first innings by 1 run though (317 to 316) as apart from an opening partnership of 148 I didn't have much else. Harmison ended up with 10 wickets for the match after getting 4 in the second, the WIndies leaving me a total of 295 to get, which I got with 4 wickets in hand.

In the 3rd test, despite batting extremely fucking slowly, we managed to get 414 thanks to a century from Strauss and 50's from Vaughan, Collingwood and Flintoff. Panesar and Hoggard (who I had considered dropping for another spinner) ended up ripping the WIndians a new one, getting 5-for and 4-for respectively. I then declared at 9/371 in the second innings, and they never got near the total of 500 and something I'd set for them, with Panesar getting another 5-for and Hoggard 3-for.

* Highest innings score in a Test: 4/592 dec. (Against India)

* Highest innings score in a ODI: 220 (Against India)

* Lowest innings score against: 164 (West Indies)

* Lowest ODI score against: 176 (India)

* Highest individual score in a Test: 289 (Vaughan against India)

* Highest individual ODI score: 94* (Pieterson against India)

* Best bowling in a Test (innings): 6/46 (Flintoff against West Indies)

* Best bowling in a Test (match): 10/127 (Harmison against West Indies)

* Best bowling in an ODI: 6/29 (Broad against India)

* Most runs in a 3 match Test series: 596 (Vaughan at 119.20 against India)

* Most runs in a 3 match ODI series: 128 (Trescothick at 42.67 against India)

* Most runs in the year

* Most wickets in a 3 match Test series: 14 (Panesar at 30.43 against India)

* Most wickets in a 3 match ODI series: 9 (Broadm at 9.44 against India)

* Most wickets in a year

Now the special awards

* First person to score an ODI 100 with Michael Vaughan

* Highest score by the 'next' Alistair Cook (debut only): 6* (Harvey) >_>

* Highest score with Monty Panesar: 9

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fark, West Indies turned on their hacks for the last test. After beating them fairly comfortably in the first 3, they come out and smash 495 before ripping me apart bowling me out for 244 and 126. :(

------

Slightly redeemed myself by whooping their ass in the Twenty20 match, chasing down their paltry 104 in 12 overs, losing just the two wickets.

Edited by Zaz

• 10 months later...

So I finally got round to buying this and continued a Lancashire save I had.

Won the twenty20 cup comfortably, but sort of struggled with everything else. I drew 13 County Championship matches, and won the other 3 although Brad Hodge was immense.

Then the season ended so I dropped Nick Astle and replaced him with Ricky Ponting! Awesome. Also brought in Robert Key to replace the retiring Stuart Law, although I wasn't able to do much with the bowling attack. Mahmood is my only england international, which is nice as Anderson and Flintoff are proving to be useless but then again, they don't even get in my team.

The new plan is to bat for two days in the county championships, hoping to blow teams out and force follow-ons :)