Buy A Football Club & Pick The Team

Guest Put You On The Game

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh BTW, Mansfield Town are up for sale.

That's someone we could probably afford I would think.

Plus I managed them in FM2006. Clearly I'm the one we should put in charge as manager when we buy the club.

United are reportedly being bought by a Gary Kelly headed consortium according to the Star (or Sun, one of those shit papers with Page 3 being the only half decent page), anyway. So I guess that'd rule Leeds out, shame, really.

Plus I managed them in FM2006. Clearly I'm the one we should put in charge as manager when we buy the club.

I think there would be about 49,998 others who might disagree if I did agree with that.

:crying::crying:

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!!

I think there would be about 49,998 others who might disagree if I did agree with that.

Exactly.

I can hear a voice in my head telling me I'm crazy and that I shouldn't have done it. Damn that bitch.

Don't worry, the devil will appear on your other shoulder saying you've done the right thing. :lol:

He also told me to take Tevez from West Ham. :devil:

There are just too many people with a supposedy equal share for things to work well. You get boasrd room disagreements with top clubs whereby there will usually be a majority shareholder and maybe ten others elected to the board. With this scenario you've got this problem on a much larger scale. Then you throw in the extra factors like... well... money... Buyying the club is one thing, being able to run it is another entirely. Theoretically if people with their shares were to support the club you'll get full houses every week which will help with some of it but there are the financial aspect that the oney put up to buy won't cover.

Don't get me wrong, if something like this did work it'd be great but there are a lot of aspects that leadme tothink it's more fantasy thn realistic in the long run.

We're up to 11,500 members now.

Also, a member registration counter will appear on the site soon along with a revamped FAQ section.

There are just too many people with a supposedy equal share for things to work well. You get boasrd room disagreements with top clubs whereby there will usually be a majority shareholder and maybe ten others elected to the board. With this scenario you've got this problem on a much larger scale. Then you throw in the extra factors like... well... money... Buyying the club is one thing, being able to run it is another entirely. Theoretically if people with their shares were to support the club you'll get full houses every week which will help with some of it but there are the financial aspect that the oney put up to buy won't cover.

Don't get me wrong, if something like this did work it'd be great but there are a lot of aspects that leadme tothink it's more fantasy thn realistic in the long run.

Edited by Scott McFly