Jimmy Carr

Turbo Yannis

What a thoroughly lovely man.

Went to see him in concert last night and he done a signing afterwards. Signed my ticket and spoke to me for about 30 second, which was about 20 seconds longer than he spoke to anyone else that I saw.

I was wearing my new shorts when I got to the front and he said "Oh yeah, because it's fucking shorts weather". What a legend ^_^

I asked him about when he was on Ross Noble's last DVD and how it came about and he said that him and Noble had known each other for years and bumped into each other at a party and he said "Jimmy, I've called you a cunt a few times on stage and I was wondering if you wanted to film something with me". I felt like I was getting the inside scoop :P

So yeah, just felt like posting about that. Was really surprised with how friendly and nice to everyone he was. We weren't allowed to take photos though because, in his own words, "it would take fucking ages". There was one absolutely classic line from the show though

"This is for couples who've been together for a long time, about 5-7 years. When your girlfriend's sucking you off, blow your load in her eye and kick her in the sin *covers eye and holds up leg*. It's called a pirate"

He is indeed awesome, went to see him on his latest tour and he was cool, I also spoke to him backstage and he seems like a nice bloke. :)

I remember that pirate joke haha, there was that and the Spiderman, where you blow your load in your hand and then throw it in her face, good times. :P

Nearer to two hours. Started at 8 (or 5 past-ish). Had an interval at 9 for 20 minutes and he went on until about 10:10, which was longer than I thought.

He's 100 times better live than on DVD though. On DVD, you only see the one liners and stuff like that but his banter with the crowd is top notch. The only problem is that he pays attention to people shouting stuff and it gets to the stage where there's just way too many people trying to get his attention. It just gets flat out irritating after a while.

I used to find Jimmy Carr funny, but went off him a few years ago. It was during one of those quizzes of the year he hosts. The contestants would make witty remarks about him and he would just repond with 'fuck off.' Until then I thought him wittier than that.

Although I did see him on a Top Gear repeat the other day and he was quite funny on that, so I might give him another shot.

Oh, and that pirate thing I've heard before. It might've come from friends of mine stealing his material though...

Edited by Iain76er

S'actually called an Angry Pirate.

Really? I've always called it the Long Dong Silver.

Anyway, Jimmy Carr is probably my favourite comedian, I love his material and really should get around to seeing him live someday.