StarCraft II officially announced

Corizzle

Just finished story mode because I'm slow as hell. Great variety of missions, plot that continually veered between enjoyable to "augh what" (in other words, cutscenes Kerrigan was in because I hate basically everything about StarCraft II Kerrigan).

I just finished In Utter Darkness. Suitably epic.

Still haven't seen any of you fucks online.

I just finished In Utter Darkness. Suitably epic.

Still haven't seen any of you fucks online.

I was doing a placement match the other day when you were on.

Is there a demo around anywhere? I might have a look into it when I get my new PC..

No demo I know of, but when you buy the collectors edition you get a pair of guest passes so that you can play the game before buying it. I'll save one for you, Plubby.

I have 2 guest passes Plubby...

But... I dunno... It is you.

Anyway, trying to play as Zerg, and out of the five games I have played, I have won 2 (1 against Protoss and 1 against another Zerg), and lost all three against Terran. Why? Because Wraith rush is the new cool thing to do, and every fuckhead is doing it, and it is ridiculous to defend against with Zerg.

You can't even build Wraiths in normal melee games. Stop playing cheater maps.

Wraiths are actually far better. You'll find that the Terrans are the best race in multiplayer right now by a wide margin, and the campaign units break them even further. Goliaths, for example, are basically rolling rape machines against the severely weakened Protoss base defenses and Zerg cannot mass fast enough to get out of the way of that vulcan cannon.

So far I've played through some of the campaign, and played my first FFA against the AI last night. It was TvT, and I was about to get my ass handed to me so I launched a last-ditch all-out attack with a big group of marines and marauders, and actually won. I was shocked.

Wraiths are actually far better. You'll find that the Terrans are the best race in multiplayer right now by a wide margin, and the campaign units break them even further. Goliaths, for example, are basically rolling rape machines against the severely weakened Protoss base defenses and Zerg cannot mass fast enough to get out of the way of that vulcan cannon.

There is a good counterunit for everything, just spamming banshes won´t get you far forever. Terran players are very strong in the EU, but from what i heared this is different in the Americas and Asia.

I counter cheesing with being a douchebag. If you don't know what cheesing is, basically, it's when people mass one unit up ASAP, rush in, and try to catch you off guard. In the lower leagues, for example, nobody expects someone to get a fast Starport and then researching cloaking and send in a dozen cloaked Banshees to take your base out. That sort of thing.

This dude tried to cheese me with a reaper build in my 2nd bronze league match so I decided I'd be an asshole and, every time he killed or started trying to kill my Command Center, I'd lift it off and move it across the map, rebuild, etc. - game went on for nearly an hour doing this, and I had no intention of "gg"ing out and making it an easy win for the other guy.

Douche move, but cheesing is so fucking IRRITATING. I'm going to have to start countering cheese with cheese here. :/