StarCraft II officially announced

Corizzle

There's playing the game proper and there's cheesing, that shit's the equivalent of camping in a FPS and it's irritating.

Aww poor Cloudy, someone didn't play the game the way he wanted them to. :crying:

Shut up, offer your opinion if you want. Don't be a dick about it. Ya dick.

And no doubt Cloudy it is frustrating but it's all about playing more and getting accustomed to the early rush. If you can push it back you can either counter or end up with a nice tech advantage later on. As you play more the easier it gets to take it as harassment as opposed to a game ender.

I know this "cheesing" as rushing wich prittymuch is one of the two tactics major you can go with. Teching or rushing. It´s just very very important that you are extremly quick in the beginning of a game. Thats why there are archivments to build manny units witin the first 255 secons of a melle mtch n such.

If you turn your base into a comandcenter, have a cupple of marins (later vikings and missle tourets) around you will have no problems defending against a banshe rush and you will be ablte to counter it efecktively (he only go this unit, you got the antidoe, time to atack and rape his SCVs = big adcantag)

I've been playing in Newbie league, which places rock blockers to counter early game rushes. Now all that happens is players turtle and tech to early air rushes. Which is fine for every race EXCEPT Terran, since their early air is cloaked Banshees and fuck that noise.

I've been playing in Newbie league, which places rock blockers to counter early game rushes. Now all that happens is players turtle and tech to early air rushes. Which is fine for every race EXCEPT Terran, since their early air is cloaked Banshees and fuck that noise.

I've won 3 games out of 6 in the practice league so far, and each one with the same strategy: build a bunch of marines, rush to a starport, build a couple of medivacs, and drop marines and possibly marauders behind my opponent's base to kill off a bunch of their workers. Usually the first drop I kill maybe half of their harvesters before my force gets wiped out, but these people don't really defend against it at all so I just do the same thing again, two more loaded medivacs and some vikings/banshees for support just in case.

Funny thing is, though, two of those games I got attacked right after launching my attack, and instead of pulling back to rescue their base, they continue attacking me and it's a race to see who wipes who out first. And each time I win.

I don't think that a StarCraft game could have a more terse, epic ending than this.

I counter cheesing with being a douchebag. If you don't know what cheesing is, basically, it's when people mass one unit up ASAP, rush in, and try to catch you off guard. In the lower leagues, for example, nobody expects someone to get a fast Starport and then researching cloaking and send in a dozen cloaked Banshees to take your base out. That sort of thing.

This dude tried to cheese me with a reaper build in my 2nd bronze league match so I decided I'd be an asshole and, every time he killed or started trying to kill my Command Center, I'd lift it off and move it across the map, rebuild, etc. - game went on for nearly an hour doing this, and I had no intention of "gg"ing out and making it an easy win for the other guy.

Douche move, but cheesing is so fucking IRRITATING. I'm going to have to start countering cheese with cheese here. :/

cheese is a term for strategy that almost guarantee a victory, but if that cheese fail you are pretty much doomed. getting killed by banshes with cloack means that you didnt explore enough or you dont know how to counter them. examples of cheese are the zerg's 6 pool or terran's 8-barrack reapers.

anyone play in the US server? GreVeN.342 is my ID add me to play some games

Edited by Mr.Chile

I'd play you but I only play on the US Servers. And I'm at work. And fuck you, that's why.

3-15 in league play. I rule this game. (H)

Just played a 50 minute game where I screwed around a lot, just pumping out Colossi, Stalkers and Zealots and holding off this Terran's repeated pushes. Then he finally broke my line, but I had four Dark Templars that I just zipped into his base, killed everything off, then went for his expansions but I lost before I could kill his expansion. (H)

3-15 in league play. I rule this game. (H)

Just played a 50 minute game where I screwed around a lot, just pumping out Colossi, Stalkers and Zealots and holding off this Terran's repeated pushes. Then he finally broke my line, but I had four Dark Templars that I just zipped into his base, killed everything off, then went for his expansions but I lost before I could kill his expansion. (H)

Play me! I need training against these fn protos!

I play on Random so I always have a fun time in the opening of games. Random tends to make me Protoss far too often though and they're my best race.

This game seriusly lets you feel how a ton of other games just slaped an online mode on their offline gameplay. It´s amazing how much fun it is, even if you loose... and the league system rarely paires you up with players that are just to fast for you to stand a chanse and wen you loose the replay tells you were your misstake was. It´s friggin perfect. More games need an online mode like this one.