Horror Crash at Canadian GP

Katsuya

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

Watch from 2:55 onwards. While things breaking apart easy are good for Kubica, Liuzzi nearly gets a face full of suspension.

Yeah, I noticed that. In some ways though, due to the way the cars are built, that was the most potentially hazardous aspect of the whole crash.

I'm just full of videos.

The crash from the stands

Shows just how close Kubica got to hitting the Toro Rosso. If he hit that, he'd have been over that barrier; in fact, he almost does clear it, in which case he'dve gone right in to the traffic going round the hairpin. Marshall nearly got hit then too.

Does anyone remember that Spa Grand Prix when there was massive pile up right a the start? I'm thinking 98 but might be wrong.

I remember Eddie Irvine clipping someone, who slipped some else and it went to hell. I think only 8 cars finished, including DC who was two laps behind everyone else

1998, correct. Irvine hit Coulthard, who then hit Irvine, the two then span and whacked in to everyone else, with only Damon Hill and Ralf Schumacher managing to drive through the carnage. That was such a cool race too. Hakkinen got wiped out at the second start, Coulthard and Michael wiped each other out. The funniest ever point finishers ever, too:

1. Damon Hill (Jordan)

2. Ralf Schumacher (Jordan)

3. Jean Alesi (Sauber)

4. Heinz Harald Frentzen (Williams)

5. Pedro Diniz (Arrows)

6. Jarno Trulli (Prost)

Only Coulthard and Nakano finished behind them, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Kubica raring to go in France

Robert Kubica can't wait to get back into action in this weekend's French Grand Prix, as he returns to his BMW cockpit for the first time since his horriffic accident in Canada.

The 22-year-old Pole escaped with nothing more than a mild concussion and a sprained ankle from the 150mph shunt, but was benched as a safety precaution from the US GP a week later.

But having watched stand-in Sebastien Vettel score a point on his debut at Indianapolis, Kubica is raring to go in Magny-Cours.

“I can't wait to get back into the car," he said.

"I may not have been given the green light to compete in the USA, but I hope the medical examination at Magny-Cours will be a formality.

"The reason why I wasn't allowed to drive at Indianapolis had nothing to do with how I felt; the problem was the risk involved in suffering a second accident within such a short space of time.

"That's also why I wasn't allowed to test. I've used the time to focus intensively on preparing for the next race."

Kubica must pass the FIA's official medical checks before he is given the green-light to race in France, but BMW expects this to be nothing more than a formality.

Fantastic news :w00t: