European U21 Championships

IAceI

Hope everyone i watching, Holland - the host and holders - just beat Israel 1-0. Now if this was FM, Ben Sahar would have scored 6 for Israel.

I saw most of the second half and thought Deithdre (sp?) looks pretty solid at left back. Portugal and Belgium are playing in a bit, England take of Czech tomorrow.

Come on England! Do us proud.

If you don't enjoy watch U21 football, you're not human >_>

Edited by IAceI

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoo, thought nobody was watching ^_^

Holland beat Israel with a weak 1-0, but I don't really care as long as we get 3 points. Every team in this tournament *should* be strong because fucking France and Spain aren't even in it and they huge talents. So considering Israel eliminated France, I'm glad we got the three points. Ben Sahar was rather disappointing, but he didn't get any chance really because they played 4-5-1 and in the second half he was substituted for Toto Tamuz, which I thought was really weak by Israel's manager.

Anyways, watching Portugal - Belgium now and 5 minutes in Portugal look to be the better side but Belgium has a pretty talented bunch believe it or not.

Yay U21 football!

Edited by Quasi Juice

To be honest, Holland don't intimidate me as an England follower really. I think England are drooling with class and ability, but teams like Serbia etc. will all have to be watched, as they could cause big problems. I just hope England can follow through because this is a good opportunity for us.

If this match is anything to go by though, Portugal could well cause problems. Teams like Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, England I expect to be seeing in the final rounds, but there's no telling, Serbia etc. could all possibly advance as well.

Commentators creaming over Nani is depressing me already.

EDIT: As soon as I typed that, Belgium began to dominate and Portugal began to look much less impressive, very quickly.

Edited by IAceI

Belgium are looking good now. Lots of Belgium players play in the Dutch Premier Division and some will probably come next season (like Pocognoli to AZ), so it's no surprise they have quality to me. Usually Belgium sucks but the youth is quite good.

Grade A acting by Nani.

Edited by Quasi Juice

I have no doubt that a few of these players in this tournament will soon crop up in the Premiership. Something I heartly back, best players for the best league - right? ;)

Belgium look solid now, Portugal don't really know how to play against a physical side like Belgium are it seems. However, the Belgium guy - I didn't catch his name - may have been Martens, took out two players (both of them throwing in unfair challenges) before Manuel Fernandes finally hacked him down with the third deliberate (attempted) foul in a row.

Unfortunately I feel this match may end up 0-0 or 1-1, which is a shame because it's much better than the first match. Which no disrespect to Holland, they were just flat it seemed. Holland have a tough group to qualify from if Portugal play like they can, and Belgium play like they are. However no doubt Holland can step it up and play much better than they did, at least in the second half.

And not only are Portugal showing that diving starts at an early age, Moutinho and Fernandes are now just resorting to kicking out at their opponents in an effort to bring them down.

I have no doubt that a few of these players in this tournament will soon crop up in the Premiership. Something I heartly back, best players for the best league - right? ;)

Belgium look solid now, Portugal don't really know how to play against a physical side like Belgium are it seems. However, the Belgium guy - I didn't catch his name - may have been Martens, took out two players (both of them throwing in unfair challenges) before Manuel Fernandes finally hacked him down with the third deliberate (attempted) foul in a row.

Unfortunately I feel this match may end up 0-0 or 1-1, which is a shame because it's much better than the first match. Which no disrespect to Holland, they were just flat it seemed. Holland have a tough group to qualify from if Portugal play like they can, and Belgium play like they are. However no doubt Holland can step it up and play much better than they did, at least in the second half.

And not only are Portugal showing that diving starts at an early age, Moutinho and Fernandes are now just resorting to kicking out at their opponents in an effort to bring them down.

Well the commentators told us to watch out for flashes of brilliance from Nani. I'm looking for a flash of mediocrity from him more than anything.

This is why I like the likes of Netherlands, Belgium - they produce good youngsters, Belgium used to have a good national team, not so much anymore, but if this youth system can keep producing like this one has, then that will be good signs for the national side.

Ajax are famed for their state of the art Youth set up, something I'd love to see England teams replicate, even though we also produce some of the best players in the world.

Yeah, we're (Portugal) playing shit.

IMO, Nani is overrated, and the player people should really watch for is Miguel Veloso. He doesn't miss passes and gains a lot of balls.

And Vanden Borre is as good in real life as he is in FM.

And I say this and Veloso misses a pass >_>.

Edited by PDG

Why did Belgium take off perhaps the man whose been the second best player on the pitch, Blondel? Behind Morales he's been amazing, making dangerous crosses with ease.

All these hyped up Portugese players are just falling flat, one by one. They'll need to show something more against Holland, Istael and possibly anyone else they play if they qualify. I can still see Netherlands and Portugal qualifying from Group A.

In my view Portugal has the better players in the tournament, I dont know if they will win it though

Miguel Veloso

Nani

Hugo Almeida

M. Fernandes

Moutinho

djálo

all good players in their teams but in the national team, are never consistent

Edited by jnmc13

So that's the end of the matches for the night.

Holland 1 Isreal 0

Belgium 0 Portugal 0

First match from what I saw, second half onwards, was a bit boring and flat. Holland looked better, created more and better chances but struggled to break through the Isreali defence.

Belgium dominated from about the ten minute mark onwards against Portugal, Portugal looked good early on, and perhaps looked good for nicking a late winner with about 5 minutes to play but other than that it was all about Moraels, Blondel, Van Den Borre.

Moutinho, Nani, Almeida all looked boring, uninteresting and not likely to do anything spectacular. Manny Fernandes looked solid, had two great chances. Other than that, not much from the Portugese.

I still think Holland and Portugal will qualify from group A, but Belgium have a great chance. I don't want to write Israel off but I'd say they're just making up the numbers in this group, but could surprise.

EDIT: Awesome, Dreidthe got man of the match. Watching him he was the best playing on the pitch for Holland.

They're just showing an interview with the Dutch coach, it's comical.

"Did you feel the pressure?"

"A da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da no we-we didn't feel the pre-pressure"

Edited by IAceI

England wont do shit with pearce as a manager, I mean two of your best players just decide they dont want to play for your team any more? That says to me his man management sucks. Also, without bentley, who has been their driving force in the past few matches, I cant see them doing much

England wont do shit with pearce as a manager, I mean two of your best players just decide they dont want to play for your team any more? That says to me his man management sucks. Also, without bentley, who has been their driving force in the past few matches, I cant see them doing much