Jeckyll

DFF

I didn't see a post for this, so I thought I'd make one. The BBC debuted its new Saturday night drama, Jeckyll, last night. What did anyone/everyone think of it? Personally, I was quite impressed by the show on the whole, and James Nesbitt was sodding great in the dual role.

Plus, it's written by Stephen Moffat who, for those who didn't know, has written Coupling AND some of the better Dr. Who episodes (including the fantastic episode 'Blink').

I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go from here with the story, and it ended well leaving you wanting more. Might have been better as 3 2 hour episodes, though.

So, yeah, thoughts?

Moffat is awesome. The last series aside, Coupling was fun, and all four of his Who episodes have been fantastic, maybe the best Who episodes so far.

Sadly, I was out and missed Jekyll, and I can't find a BBC3 repeat, which sucks. BBC3 is too busy showing shite comedy shows that'll never make 1 or 2 to ever repeat any good BBC drama (Who aside).

It wasn't actually a re-telling of the actual story was it? I was a story set today loosely based on Jekyll and Hyde right?

I didn't see a post for this, so I thought I'd make one. The BBC debuted its new Saturday night drama, Jeckyll, last night. What did anyone/everyone think of it? Personally, I was quite impressed by the show on the whole, and James Nesbitt was sodding great in the dual role.

Plus, it's written by Stephen Moffat who, for those who didn't know, has written Coupling AND some of the better Dr. Who episodes (including the fantastic episode 'Blink').

I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go from here with the story, and it ended well leaving you wanting more. Might have been better as 3 2 hour episodes, though.

So, yeah, thoughts?

Well that explains the casting for his Jackmans wife.

Anyway, I thought the show was pretty bad. The Hyde parts were OTT and the character just came across as really obnoxious. Plus the fact they actually acknowledged the Jekyll and Hyde story just didn't sit right with me.

On the plus side we did get to see Michelle Ryan. :wub:

Edited by Richard Ellis-Bextor