YI

How fucking good is this album? I totally forgot about how awesome it was. Listening to it brings back so many memories of listening to this, and the first two major Eminem albums. And whereas my buddies were all over Eminem, I was all about the Dre. Fucking brilliant album. I'd totally forgotten about it.

Discuss.

Yeh, 2001 is a shit hot album, mind you not as good as Chronic. But there's some classics on there like: The Watcher, Let's Get High, What's The Difference, Some LA N****s, Ackrite, Bang Bang. And that's not including the singles like Still DRE, Next Episode and Forgot About DRE.

Dre was the first rapper I actually listened to, which introduced me to Eminem who I love, and then Tupac. Those are really the only three rappers I really like. But yeah, this album was amazing, and it makes me wish Dre would get off his ass and finish his "Detox" album.

I never got the Sage Francis love. I've listened to him a fair bit. I mean, he's alright, but that's about it. I mean, he's talented, just not my thing.

Edited by YI

Yeah there's definitely enough good rap out nowadays, they're just not mainstream enough for the "casual" fan to hear. Talib Kweli, Sage Francis, Immortal Technique, etc.

iTech is debateable. :shifty: I like him, but he's a total loon.

It also shows how shit mainstream rap has gotten in recent years.

If you just would of added that to your original post, you would of maybe had a point. Common and Lupe Fiasco are two pretty talented mainstream artists, Kanye West... El-P, T.I, Clipse.

The only reason hip-hop isn't as good as it used to be for me, is because Big L is dead.

I consider pretty much all those names besides Kanye and T.I. to be one step below mainstream. Well known to hip-hop fans, but not mainstream. Idiots have to know you to be mainstream, and I can't get my female friends listening to Rihanna and Shop Boyz (yeah, seriously) to figure out who Common or Clipse are.

2001 is one of my all time favorite albums and it drags up a great deal of memories for me from that period of my life, This album along with the first two Eminem albums pretty much made up the soundtrack to my life and the lives of my friends during that time, good times.

I doubt Detox will disappoint when it finally comes out around 500 years from now.

Rap isn't as bad right now as it's made out to be. I've heard alot of solid-good stuff from 2006 to now. That goes for mainstream and underground stuff. My problem is that none of it is really moving me or has me wanting to get fully behind it.

Cloudy, I thought the Wu album was dropping next month?

Well, what the fuck.

I checked wiki for the date (lol unreliable source) and it said September 17th, so I assumed it had been pushed back. Now it says July 7th again. Werd.