The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

Anyone ever try to do a 'Legacy Challenge' in The Sims 2? Basically, it's playing one household for 10 generations. 'Ok', so, there are 'rules' which I'm ignoring most of, and a point system which I'm ignoring all of... I'm really just trying to play one household for 10 generations without cheating. I'm up to generation 3, currently. My original character died a while ago, siring 2 sons, Toby and Ramone. His wife, a retired general at the time, proceeded to have a lesbian affair with a vampire. This vampire infected Toby and his wife, who was already a godless abomination from the blackest depths of the ocean before becoming a vampire. Toby's son, Leon(Toby & his wife had twins, the other was a girl, named Ada :shifty: ), keeps getting phone calls from the babysitter I hired while the twins were infants. Odd. Now that Leon's grandmother is dead, he's dedicated his life to bringing her back from the dead.

So, yeah, anyone else try a Legacy Challenge? Or even ever play a Sims 2 game for more than a couple in-game weeks :shifty: ?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, well, not using 2 points for every birth and shit like that. I just try to go 10 generations using the 5x5 lot, but it's really easy to expand, quickly.

However, I want to get back into playing the Sims. It's a good game and doesn't deserve to collect dust, maybe I'll give it another go?

I'm going to give it another whirl I guess. My main problem is how in a matter of days you can go from nothing but a few walls, a toilet and a bed. To a full fledged house.

Then you marry and sim and somehow manage to get $20,000 funds etc. Suddenly it's less fun >_<

I want to get back into the Sims 2, I have the college expansion but I think I might just try this with the "core" rules and scorecard, which is neat so I don't have to personally keep track or anything, like with paper, etc.

Whatever, I may do this if I get bored waiting for NCAA and Madden to come out. Seeing as I'm done school now, I probably will.

I may just go ahead and try and have a normal game and see how long I can play it out, either way.

Edited by Cole

My longest running family is completely fucked up now. Essentially, I created like a Big Brother style game...except on the first night, they all burned to death bar two. So these two guys remaining end up adopting a toddler; then one of them (Lee) starts dating Cassandra Goth. Don Lothario dies in a tragic enclosure related incident, then Lee and Cassandra get married (they already have two children by now). Then, Lee and Mike (the other one) start to...*ahem* experiment, and Cassandra walks in on them, ending the marriage effectively. The adopted kid then comes home from college and Mike sleeps with him.

Yep, completely normal.

I started one, and it's awesome with the new larger lots you get. My current house after just a few days is a 2x2 building with a toilet and a shower inside. Outside there is a bed, a telephone, an end table with a radio. He had a job in the criminal career, but when a better paying job in the law enforcement came up, he took that.

The main problem is the family will grow up out of sync with the others, which I don't particularly like but I can't really be bothered playing all the other houses right now. I need to have a good run at it as well, and have my sim (David Legacy - original, I know) meet a lady so I can keep the generations going. Looking forward to having the whole house indoors soon >_<

It's much, much more fun if you play with the genetics of your original character. I gave mine blue skin.

However, I prefer playing every familly of Pleasantview more. I have a little time sheet so I play them all equally and ages don't get fucked up.

It's much, much more fun if you play with the genetics of your original character. I gave mine blue skin.

However, I prefer playing every familly of Pleasantview more. I have a little time sheet so I play them all equally and ages don't get fucked up.

I only got it this week, and I've just started it.

Started with a father & son family, called the Hogans. Started with the Father (Inferno Hogan) and his teenage son (Karl Hogan). Life going well, Karl grew to an adult, then started working in the military, whilst his dad was in Business, eventually becoming President. Inferno, being a sly old dog started chatting up a friend from Karl's work and got engaged to her and they've had two kids, a girl (Geneva Hogan) and a boy (Hulk Hogan).

Inferno is now old and retired, Brandi is about 8 days from being an elder, Karl is 6 days and has only just moved out. Bad thing is, Karl keeps making out with Brandi, his technical step-mum, although not because they never got married. Inferno & Brandi just broke up, and Brandi seems to be moving in with Karl. Thus a 65 day old Inferno is stuck with teenage daughter Geneva and toddler, Hulk.

Let the almost incest with Karl & Brandi begin :P

Don't let Geneva move out or no one will look after Baby Hulk when Inferno pops his clogs, and Hulk will be forced to raise himself and hunt his own food etc.

Although I'm sure that's how he was raised in real life anyways >_<

I finally started playing again doing a pseudo legacy thing as I started out married because I'm too damn lazy to make friends. And the video when they whoopee for the first time is funny.

I need some normal name ideas though for when I get later on as I have a daughter and son name down. (N)

It's kinda funny, all 2 generations of children in my game have had the same friends. To hell with 'playing each family equally'. The game isn't that fun.

Now, screenshots!

What started out as 3 rooms is now this.

Legacy-House1.jpg

Legacy-House2.jpg

that box is where I store baby and child items when I don't need them, that longish structure is a mausoleum, containing the ashes of the dead(and a bunch of candles).

Legacy-House3.jpg

The livingroom, kitchen, and the area containing the bass and piano were the first rooms. The kitchen and living room were about half the size they are now. And there's an upstairs, too. which wasn't there to begin with.

Legacy-House4.jpg

Legacy-Toby.jpg

This is Toby, firstborn son of my original character. He's a vampire. He's also a doctor. I find that combination funny. Dr. Acula, and whatnot. He has a beard because he's a doctor, as well. Doctors are the worlds 2nd most bearded profession.

Legacy-Jenna.jpg

This is is woman, Jenna. She was a godless abomination from beyond the darkest depths of the ocean. Then she turned into a vampire.

Legacy-Gen3.jpg

This is their offspring, Ada and Leon. Weird about their skin. Jenna's is blue, yet Ada's is green. Leon has his grandfather's hair, which neither his father, or uncle had. Leon's goal in life is to bring his grandmother back from the dead.

Legacy-Ramone.jpgLegacy-Beverly.jpg

My starting character's second son, Ramone and his wife, Beverly. They met when Beverly was naked-hottubing in a night club. Ramone is among the lowest forms of human being- a corporate lawyer. Beverly is a professional party guest, and has 15 friends. Every day I get 5 phone calls about people 'wondering if we're still friends'.

Legacy-Trashcan.jpg

This woman went on one date with Ramone in college. She got invited to his wedding 'cuz, y'know, she's a 'friend'. Now, every day she comes by to knock over my goddamn garbage can.

Hey Fanku, when people move out of your family, do you keep playing them in seperate houses? Or just move out the people you don't want to the family bin and keep the people you do want in the one house you have running?

Also did you initially create the house on foundation? I'm guessing no considering the money it would have cost. When you got enough did you just demolish the house and start from scratch?

My game is still very much in it's early stages, so don't laugh at me for not having a house like Fanku. Although you should have seen it a few days ago!

screenshothe1.png

Meet David Legacy, recently moved to Pleasantview with very little money to his name. Due to his creators long absence from the Sims 2, David has custom hair, but not custom eyes or skin tone. Since the game has already been started, the creator can't be bothered to restart and thus David will have to make do with no custom eyes or skin tone.

screenshothl9.png

This is their house. Oh, I said their. Yes, well David, since moving to Pleasantview has met and had move in with him Rebecka Shahan. The money Rebecka brought in was rather poor ($1,500 or so), it did help make the house more than four walls with a toilet and shower inside, with a radio, table and bed all outside and the house became all indoors - a dream come true.

The house is very, well, rectangle, to say the least. But it has working electricity and both of them are managing to live inside it without too many problems.

Now the main problem is, or will be, is that Rebecka is a romance sim, and I am wanting her and David to marry and have a child together, preferably a male because I'd like the Legacy name to continue. Since that's kind of the point, although I wouldn't really mind if the family name did change, but it'd be a shame to lose the Legacy surname so soon.

The next problem is, they have very little money. They have decent jobs though, so I guess it can mount up soon. But I want them to have a child, and as you can see from that screenshot, the house will need to undergo some renovation before they can bring up a child in that slum.

I'll update you sometime in the future with good news I hope (Y)

Blah, I would definately play this if I had the expansion packs because the only one I bought was University when it came out, then I was kind of drawn away from the Sims. Either way I'll probably re-install it and get around to doing a Legacy soon. By the way, where does everybody get their custom hair/eye/skin stuff.