The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is. It adds a whole lot to the game. In addition to weather, like rain and snow, there's gardening/farming and fishing, new sets of 'outerwear' clothing, for when they go outside on cold days, there are 4 new careers(Journalism, Music, Education, and Adventurer), new actions like snowball fighting, waterballoon fighting, snowman building, snow angel making. It's easily the best expansion since Nightlife.

EDIT: Legacy-Ghost.jpg

The Ghost of my Original Character's Wife. She used to be hot, black hair, tattoo around her arm. She seems to be extremely angry that I've deleted her old bed. She's been going around at night scaring people and breaking lamps. She made Ada pee herself.

Edited by Fanku Kaibutsu

When I've played any Sims games, the time goes so fast that after taking care of my Sims' feeding, bathroom stuff, going to work, etc., there's no time to do anything else. How do you guys ever get the opportunity to use the stuff on the expansion packs?

So I just started a legacy game and I will post some screenshots of it as it progresses. Right now my house is extremely basic with nothing on the walls or floor as of yet. (I built it on foundations) So I have no money left and just a bed, toilet and shower thus far...hmm this could be a hard game!

College- adds tons of new items, like musical instruments, personal electronics(cell phone, mp3 players), and a 'bubble blower'. Plus the 'college' area, which is more objective based and challenging than the rest of the game

Nightlife- Adds 'attraction', a downtown area with tons of stuff, and personal vehicles.

Seasons- I just said what this expansion adds a few posts ago.

Pets and Open For Business really don't add much of worth or value, unless you really really love the idea of having pets, or running a business.

Also: Teenagers. lol.

Legacy-Teenagers.jpg

How much do the packs actually change the gameplay of the game, does it enhance anything? Or does it just bring in items like cars and mp3 players?

It basically adds a small 'game within a game' element, worth the £20 if you're getting bored and just want a little change to your game, or if, like me, you like to fuck around with everything. My current job is making all the Capps and Montys in Veronaville into vampires and werewolves respectively, then the Summerdreams will be Plantisims :)

I never seem to play Veronaville. There's just something about it that puts me off.

As for the expansions the must have one in my mind is Seasons. It just adds so much in my mind by seeing the differing weathering conditions. Also University is good for all the new social interactions it introduces.

Oooooo get it! So I knocked down my house as I didn't have enough money for some very basic stuff (fridge and bed...). And I completely forgot to check the season and it snowed and my legacy sim died!

Oh well I shall have to begin again now, I think I'll have a woman to start with this time.

• 2 months later...

I liked universety a lot becaus it added a new space to live in, unlike nightlife and others where you go through hugh loadingtimes just to go home again a cuplle of minutes later.

What i did not like about universety was that the time kinda felt ripped out of the rest of their life... what happens there aint as important to the old parts of the game, and what happens in the old parts aint that important as in there. (taking frinds with you, loosing all the time if you are not in uni ect.)

i personaly feel they need to make the sims a bit smarter (at least when it comes to basic needs like food, sleep and the toilet) and i´ed like them to develope their goals and atractions bythemself, not the way the user wishes them. (at least optional)