The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

Guest clintcasey

You can have residential lots and have your sims live downtown...

The default downtown has several houses there. You can move into the business districts too.

I just recently got back into playing the Sims 2 again. From what I hear Bon Voyage added in Bigfoot as the new creature and you can also become ninjas.

Servos from Open for Business are basically like waking ATM machines. I had 4 of them working at home painting portraits, writing novels, and building robots and was making 10,000 a day without any of my sims having a job.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clintcasey

Very nice, I can't stand Verona Ville to be honest. Making that thing playable is quite a feat.

I recently decided to try out the Apocalypse Challenge. That is one hard thing to win. My biggest problem right now are the short food rationing. Your only allowed to serve one meal per day. And if a Sim goes up to the fridge on free will, pulls out a single instant meal can, and drinks before you realize it and are able to cancel the action that counts as the one meal for the entire family. Since I my founder, his wife, and 3 kids, its a real challenge just to keep the social worker/Grim Reaper away.

The first thing I unlocked was the Medical. What that basically means is that they are allowed to have more plumbing fixtures besides a sink and toilet. My founder Sim spent the first 2 1/2 weeks in a constant state of hygiene failure while he reached the top of the Medical career to get showers and Bathtubs. In fact, its probably easier to list the things you can do at the begining of the Apacalypse Challenge than it is to list things you can't do.

You can find the challenge rules here. http://www.legacychallenge.com/apocalypse.html

To give you an idea of how severe this challenge is, if you do this as a handicap to the Legacy Challenge, just completing the Apocalypse is worth 5 bonus points.

It is worth as many bonus points as buying 150 unused Elixir of Life.

Edited by clintcasey

• 2 months later...

You decide. Do I reinstall The Sims 2 and my expansion packs Open for Business and Nightlife. Since I have a real hankering to create and run a bar on it, but I'm not sure how long I'll stick at it for. But it's Christmas and I'll have time to waste so I'll probably get some play done on it.

Go... install or not? And why?... Or just tell me what to do if you can't be arsed to explain.

Oh and someone list me some websites with free content to download - Maxis have no idea what looks good these days.

I wouldn't recommend it. I often get an urge to play the Sims 2 but I get bored almost as soon as I start playing after installing the expansion packs and the game itself. After an hour or two I just end up uninstalling it again.

I've found that I have much more fun thinking about playing the game than actually playing it.

I do, but then you get to the family you don't want to play. However I'm too nice to try and kill them off and stuff like that. I may try and cause as much havoc as possible on this game, but I want to create bars and clubs for some reason.

And someone give me content websites or all of this is for naught!

I do, but then you get to the family you don't want to play. However I'm too nice to try and kill them off and stuff like that. I may try and cause as much havoc as possible on this game, but I want to create bars and clubs for some reason.

And someone give me content websites or all of this is for naught!

Then that's the family you absolutely ruin, you turn them into a bunch of arguing pricks, do minimal work on them and watch them run away/fall apart/die/get taken away, then develop a storyline from there.

I'm scared of Strangetown and Veronaville. >_

I have to play Pleasantview. It's gonna be such an episode of Corrie if I can manage it. I just need a few interesting ideas to get me going, some storylines and stuff.

I used to hate them, but once you add storylines they become better, I found Veronaville was better when I killed all the pointless/unenjoyable people, sent all the teens off to college to argue/unify and had the older folks get involved in some kinky inter-family affairs. Strangetown is awesome because you never feel weird giving everyone weird augmentations :shifty: