The Sims 2

Fanku Kaibutsu

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i'm all reinstalled. Where do you fellas get your mods and sexy custom content? What's recommended?

Some of my favorite sites:

http://starlightsims.yuku.com/forums/10 - Neighborhood 99, which is one of the best places to find new downloads and site updates Highly recommend joining the board if its not open to the public - if the link doesn't work, try it without everything after .com; there's also a decent section of bookmarks for various sites on the board.

http://www.insimenator.net/

http://www.insimadult.net/

http://www.thesimsresource.com/

http://www.modthesims2.com/

There's also a site where you can download stuff from paysites for free, but that probably violates board policy even though the paysites actually violate the game's EULA, so I won't post a link or even name it until a mod confirms whether or not its okay to do so.

Got started by moving all the families from the family bin into Pleasantview, making for a packed town to start my story. The only exceptions were the Gieke household and Roseland household, which I thought were boring and deleted. The Critturs remain in the bin, but will be moved in with the Pleasants at a later date.

But Larsons, Burbs, Oldies, Ramaswanis, and Ottamas all moved in. I'm also going to play the families in the shopping district and university too, and progress them along with the others.

The group in university now will complete university prior to the Pleasantview teens, and then they'll join the Pleasantview/Bluewater Villiage community. Don Lothario will probably sleep with the women.

So far my plans for the households are as follows:

Lothario - will get cold feet and the wedding with Cassandra won't go through. He'll remain a bachelor his entire adult life and woohoo as many ladies as possible. During which time he'll become a successful doctor, but as he becomes an elder he'll look back and realize something is missing.

Larson - The newly introduced brother/sister duo will immediately make an impact on Pleasantview; being such social butterflies, their parties will be a hit and soon romances will develop. Jason will take to Nina Caliente, while Jodie is mistakenly under the impression that her love for Don Lothario will last forever. The romances will lead to cramped quarters and awkward moments for the siblings. (Let's not forget that Nina and Don have a history, too!)

Caliente - See Larson for an explanation of what will happen with Nina. Don will break her heart first, but she'll eventually find longlasting love with Jason. The Larson family (Jason/Nina) will be one for the new generation of Pleasantview. Dina, on the other hand, will continue to woo a naive, old Mort in an attempt to get her hands on the Goth fortune.

Goth - Mort will be under the spell of Dina, leaving Cassandra to do most of the work in raising Alexander. Cassandra will be wary of Dina's greed, however, and keep the situation under her thumb. All this while trying to establish a career for herself, and recover from being left at the (backyard) alter by Don Lothario. Darren Dreamer has a crush on Cassandra, but Cassandra keeps too busy to notice.

Dreamer - Darren Dreamer continues to long for a relationship with Cassandra Goth, painting pictures of her late at night. Some would consider him quite creepy, but he means well. Darren's a pretty laid back dad, and Dirk pretty much takes care of himself.

Pleasant - Mary-Sue and Daniel will continue to have a rocky-at-best relationship. Daniel tries to patch things up for his daughters, and finds two stray dogs (Critturs) that he brings home to them. However, this is of course a foolish attempt to solve much larger problems. Not getting enough attention at home, the daughters have their own mishaps. Angela's relationship with Dustin Broke turns serious, even though her family disapproves of Dustin. Lillith will become so dissatisfied with her home life that she decides to run away. She won't return until she is ready to grow into an adult. Daniel will later learn the consequences of his affair, when Kaylynn becomes pregnant with his child.

Ramaswani - This cute new couple to Pleasantview will settle down to make a family. As with any stereotypical Indian family, they will push their child to do very well at academics. They will be one of the wealthier families in Pleasantview.

Oldies - Will get old and die.

Burbs - Will be boring. Their always the boring family, it's what they're meant to be. Their entire purpose is the development of Lucy Burb, who always ends up being a key character in her teenage and adult years.

Broke - Dustin Broke, despite the fact that he's a criminal, is a good kid at heart and does his best to provide for his mother and two younger brothers; Beau and Skip Jr. Unfortunately, one thieving teen isn't enough to provide; and the Broke family will remain broke for the foreseeable future.

Ottomas - No plans for them yet. I think trying to manage a seven person house will provide enough of a story for now. Eventually, David will go off to college, Tommy will grow into a child more capable of fending for himself, and the grandmother Dora will die. As a four person household they should have a much easier go of it... that is, if they don't have any surprise children.

That's the plan so far. :)

This might sound stupid.... but is there a downside to being stuck by lightning? One of my uni students wants to be stuck by lightning and a massive lightning storm just started outside. I was about to send her outside to stand under a tree.... but I don't want some wheelchair sim stuck on my hands....

Also, can anyone tell me which seasons have an added bonus to which activities? I know Autumn boosts the rate at which sims earn skills point, but what are the rest?

GOTH

More looking after Tony & Gordon. Cassandra got fired, but Dustin is keeping the money rolling in as a gamer. I'm leaving all my games in Winter in Pleasantview, and then doing all of University Year One, and then I'll come back for two seasons etc. Just before I left the Goth house, Cassandra blossomed out in to pregnancy, which will give Dustin his first child (or maybe I'll get twins again) and will give Brandi her first grandchild for next season.

PLEASANT

Daniel grew up in to an old man, and Mary-Sue is a few days away. Kaylynn has drifted away from Daniel, and shall end up engaged and moved in with Don when he is a day from death instead, so that she can become a playable Sim. I'm still in Autumn here for a day or two.

BURB

Lucy went to Uni, there was a pool, there were two accidents, that's about all I remember.

BROKE

Brandi's house is done, she's just been quietly studying Parenting.

CALIENTE

Tina & Qina are about to grow up when I go back, but for now the picture of them each holding a child looks cool.

LOTHARIO

See Pleasant. Also been getting him promoted, he'll be Chief Of Staff soon.

UNIVERSITY

YEAR 1 OTHERS

This house consists of two Pleasantview randoms, Alvin Futa & Meadow Thayer. The two have shared a brief romance, but nothing more will come of it. I can't recall wha they're studying, but they're halfway through the first semester.

OTHER UNI STUFF

Moved in and declared majors for most Pleasantview Teens. Shall expand when all the Uni work begins in the next update.

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

So Dustin Broke is standing around outside in the middle of autumn, when he suddenly catches on fire for absolutely NO REASON. Luckily, another housemate decided to run out an empty a fire extingisher on him, and another house mate called the ever-reliable SCFD who turned up and helped "put Dustin out".

He managed to survive, but ALL his stats (hygiene, bladder, hungry, fun, energy, etc.) dropped all the way down, and he sure was unhappy for a while, but then I thought - cut the guy some slack, he just spontaneously combusted.

Bah. Im back (who am I? I dont remember myself).

Loving the SIMS 2 finally having bought all of the expansion packs (minus pets & seasons & free time...) and spend all my time forcing Barry Delsan, a Sim-Italian into becoming a legendary businessman. He's top of business career comfortably and I had him running The Corner Shop before I sold up, sold up his shack of a house and moved him into that big $77k home. Which i've decided is ridiculously huge so I'm going to move him out again, buy an empty plot of land and build a home and a homebusiness on it. My ambition for him is to open Delsan Home Stores (DHS) which will be a Wallmart/town centre construction lots of different shops/restaurants/gym etc on the same location. Liberal usage of the ticket machine shall be employed!

• 2 months later...
I really, really want to play the Sims but it's just too fucking much for me to install ALL the addons and find ALL the other content and then learn about ALL the 400 new things that they've added this time, gah.

Just try and get one of the Double Deluxe packs and then it'll start you off with three games anyways and usually it's the regular Sims 2, Nightlife and another one. People consider Nightlife and Seasons as essentials usually.

I really, really want to play the Sims but it's just too fucking much for me to install ALL the addons and find ALL the other content and then learn about ALL the 400 new things that they've added this time, gah.

Just try and get one of the Double Deluxe packs and then it'll start you off with three games anyways and usually it's the regular Sims 2, Nightlife and another one. People consider Nightlife and Seasons as essentials usually.

Yep. Avoid getting Bon Voyage and Pets, as just about everyone I've asked has said they're boring compared to the other EPs. (I don't have them or University yet, and don't plan on getting BV or Pets for a while - will probably get Apartment Life sometime next month) You don't really need the Stuff packs (I only have the Kitchen and Bath one, but plan on getting the Ikea one)

I'd recommend getting Nightlife, Freetime and Seasons, at least.

Alexander Goth

Out at L'Academie he lives on his own and is just a big smarty pants. Currently walking through his economics course and will go to the head of the business career in his life time. He's in love with one of my created sims, a teenager who is a romance sim. I'm thinking of having her stay with him for the money, but eventually leave him and he'll probably marry someone a bit more trusting - although a bit uglier.

Yannis Lyndstrom

Basically he was created so I could test out the University features. He's at the same stage as Alex in college, completing the same economics degree. He's in love with Sunny Kim at the minute, but she's also a romance sim. I'll probably end their relationship when he leaves college and moves into Pleasantview and let him see how it goes there. He's also going to be the starting point for when years into the future all my sims will have custom content skin - thanks to him!

Burb

Currently playing through this game and the first Pleasantview family I have took control of since I started playing for the first time in months. John Burb has sired 3 children, but one is unknown and Nina Caliente's daughter who none of them have met. Except Nina obviously. Nina's a bit of a thorn in the Burb's side because not only has she given birth to John's illegitimate daughter but she's also taking part in a lesbian affair with Jennifer. Lucy then found out that John was having a secret tryst with the teenager Meadow Thayer. So John moved out for a day or two, but I brought him back. Him and Lucy have made up, and Jennifer is none the wiser and has become pregnant with the families third (and John's fourth) child. Cassie is growing into a child in the next day I think. And Lucy is going out with Orlando Centowski - I probably won't send either of them to university and instead let them move into a house in the neighbourhood and let them get jobs and start a little family. I may restrict them to one child as I'm becoming overrun, mainly thanks too...

Broke

The Broke family! Currently with about 5 children or something, God know's. There the last family in my rotation and then everyone is at summer (and then the next rotation I will probably go into University and control a Greek house or both, see what they are like. Either way I don't really know what I'm doing with these just yet. Brandi is a machine, popping kids out at regular intervals. Dustin is long moved out and has his own child with Angela Broke (neé Pleasant) - called Warren. However he has had a side affair with... Nina! I don't think anything will come of that though. Still, from what I remember in the house at the minute is; Brandi, Chester, Beau, David, Kaden, Lani and there might be another on the way.

If anyone has any suggestions for this family then suggest away!

Also if anyone has any suggestions for little plots and stuff to throw in, then do so. Not even that, just talk about the weird things you've done with your characters like affairs, whose married who and we can maybe adopt others ideas for our games. See if we can inject life into this thread!

Out of curiosity, since I haven't played it in a while. Say you have two guys (or two girls) living in a house. One of them falls in love, and she proposes, that person moves in correct? (I remember when I played that whomever proposed, that's whose house they'd live in...then again, it was always the guy proposing). Anyway, does the other person (the other girl or guy) have to move out? Or does it become a 3 person home? If that's possible, I'll try to work something where the woman supports him while he hooks up with the roommate as well (or the guy supports her while she hooks up with his roommate). I'd like to see how long I can keep that going before the other person finds out.