Kanye West - Stronger

Riceman 4K

I gotta give Kanye credit. That video looked like it may actually eat into Graduation's profits, as far as budget goes.

EDIT: Oh, and the model, which I think they were saying was Cassie, is really hot.

Edited by Mr. Vince McMahon

There's a lot going on in that video. It was fun to look at though, so I give him credit as most music videos these days are forgettable. Hope his worldly tastes don't disconnect him from the audience that made him a star though.

I read somewhere that the video was going to be billed originally as "Kanye West ft. Daft Punk". I don't know if that was a royalties issue or something, but I guess it went by the wayside.

I presume you're talking about Can't Tell Me Nothing, which I've still yet to hear all the way through.

Indeed, that's it. Smoother production, but hopefully there's more content on the album than these two.

It's on youtube by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAzkKUPaVlA

It's your opinion that he ruined the song though. In his, he probably didn't ruin it. I don't think he did, he just used samples of it, doesn't necessarily mean he ruined it.

Much like P.Diddy did with "Kashmir", I don't think he ruined it by using the instrumentals of it for his song, just that it was a bad song. <_<

Kanye West has vast amount of talents to not ever ruin any song. In fact, he can take any shitty song, add some verses to it, and it'll become incredible.

As for the video. I think it's great. However, I don't think royalties are in a issue with the names not being included as Daft Punk themselves are in the video.

Actually, the only time I thought he messed up on using a song's backing was "Young Folks" on the same mixtape that "Throw Some D's" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing" (As well as the Pharrell, Kanye, Lupe teaming for "Us Placers"). He turned what was a beautiful song into something that just sounded off. But then again, to make a perfect omelet, you have to break an egg sometimes.