2007 NBA Draft

ACCBiggz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas is an overrated team. Their best player is soft, and dosen't play to his size when he should.

Regular season success does not equal playoff success. There is no way they would have beat the Spurs in a seven game series, and thats coming from a Laker fan who HATES the Spurs with a passion, except for Robert Horry.

Anyone who tries to make the case of Dallas not losing to anyone else in a 7 game series should just save it for another time, because we can only go with what we know. But if you want to play the hypothetical games, let's just say Dallas actually beat the Warriors and advanced to the West Finals. Let's say Robert Horry never knocked Steve Nash on his ass, that led to those suspensions and the Suns beat the Spurs. Does Dallas beat Phoenix with a healthy Amare Stoudemire? I don't think so.

Anyways on to the draft, I'm surprised at so many in the media for completely killing Boston for the Ray Allen trade. I actually thought it was a good trade, and I see Boston possibly being able to make a run in the East within the next few years. Especially when we all saw probably the worst team ever make an NBA finals(Cavs)this year.

Edited by SeanB

See I can't call that Sixers team bad, because for what it's worth they did win 56 games in an Eastern Conference that sort of resembles today's version. And they also were able to get one win against a team I consider to be top 5 of all time, the 00-01 Lakers.

Any team that makes the Finals isn't bad, by definition, but they were both pretty much one man teams. As for getting the one win, all I'll say is that when you have a score like AI, any game is winnable. LeBron is probably a better all around player, but I don't think anyone is going to compare him, as a scorer, to AI at this point.

Either way, in the rankings of teams that made the Finals, they were both near the bottom, IMO.

Its a good trade, but only because Boston REALLY needs to do something to become relevant again.

And I'd argue that the Sixers team that made the playoffs in, what, 01?, was worse than the Cavs, but only because LeBron is better than Iverson.

Add to that the fact that Pierce essentially demanded veteran help or else he was going to pull a Kobe, and you have another good reason why the trade works for the Celtics.

Allen takes heat off of Pierce, they don't have to give up Jefferson...sure, Ray's not a long-term fix, but he can help staunch the bleeding for now.

And has anyone explained why the NBA draft needed its own thread when the NFL draft didn't? :P

New information about Yi:

Questions surround his real birthdate, as his official passport and hukou (residency papers) in China have him listed as being born on October 27, 1987. However, it has been rumored that his date of birth may have been intentionally falsified so he could play in junior competitions. The estimates of his birth year are between 1981 and 1984. In 2004, he was listed as being born in 1984 in China's Four Nation Tournament, although authorities said it was only a "typo". NBA draft site DraftExpress.com also listed him as being born in 1984. A news reporter from WEEI in Boston, Mickey Adams, who can speak Mandarin and Cantonese can confirm in private conversations that Yi is not really sure how old he is but believes he was born in 1984 because of a baby picture of himself with a newspaper dated December 29, 1984 in the background.

The Houston Chronicle's Fran Blinebury reported that Yi told Shane Battier he was 24 in an exhibition game before the 2006 FIBA World Championship. If this statement were true, it would place Yi's year of birth in either 1981 or 1982 (the 2006 Worlds were held in August and September, before Yi's listed birth date of October 27). However, a Chinese newspaper reported that Battier disavowed the comment attributed to him.Yi has gone on record saying that he did not talk to Battier about his age and that he was born in 1987 and that anyone saying anything else would be slandering him.

Not really, people have been saying he's probably older than he had been listed anyways, so it's not like the Bucks didn't know that, just like any other team in the league. And they're not stupid for drafting their highest ranked guy on the board. Granted, it's not often considered a smart move to draft a guy who's reps have said he doesn't want to play there. But it seems like they're getting a little leeway and if they can't get him, I'm sure they'll be able to trade him. If they do end up having to trade him, I can see them packaging him with Bobby Simmons to send them to the Warriors in exchange for Brandan Wright and a few other players.

I'm having a hard time believing this Yi guy is going to pan out to anything but another Darko. So now we are finding out that he lied about his age so he could play against younger, inferior talent, and then before he even gets to the league he has a list of what teams he will play for. Get that shit outta here, he should be thrilled that teams are willing to even take a look at him. I've never understood why these International players get so much hype... like Bill Simmons said for every Dirk we get four Nikolov Tskitichvili's(sp?), for every Tony Parker we get four Beno Udrhi's(sp?). I'm not saying to totally give up on these guys, but seriously I wouldn't trust one of my lottery picks with some unproven foreigner. And just because he played well in the Olympics, people expect that to automatically translate to nightly production in the L.

New information about Yi:

Questions surround his real birthdate, as his official passport and hukou (residency papers) in China have him listed as being born on October 27, 1987. However, it has been rumored that his date of birth may have been intentionally falsified so he could play in junior competitions. The estimates of his birth year are between 1981 and 1984. In 2004, he was listed as being born in 1984 in China's Four Nation Tournament, although authorities said it was only a "typo". NBA draft site DraftExpress.com also listed him as being born in 1984. A news reporter from WEEI in Boston, Mickey Adams, who can speak Mandarin and Cantonese can confirm in private conversations that Yi is not really sure how old he is but believes he was born in 1984 because of a baby picture of himself with a newspaper dated December 29, 1984 in the background.

The Houston Chronicle's Fran Blinebury reported that Yi told Shane Battier he was 24 in an exhibition game before the 2006 FIBA World Championship. If this statement were true, it would place Yi's year of birth in either 1981 or 1982 (the 2006 Worlds were held in August and September, before Yi's listed birth date of October 27). However, a Chinese newspaper reported that Battier disavowed the comment attributed to him.Yi has gone on record saying that he did not talk to Battier about his age and that he was born in 1987 and that anyone saying anything else would be slandering him.

:lol: I find this story hilarious. It shows even more so how dumb the Bucks are.