The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Ruki

Quick question. I have the original collectors edition for Oblivion and the game guide. Would it be smart for me to go out of my way to get the Game of the Year edition of the game? Cause I can't find the Knights of the Nine or Shivering Isle's expansion pack anywhere for the X-Box 360 (that is what I play on).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What places have you looked at? You tried the net (I'll admit I don't do that, my family aren't up with the times. Like I'm amish or something)

Practically every gaming place I've been (Games Station and GAME in the UK) have had all Oblivion expansion packs.

• 4 years later...

Thread resurrection!

I recently purchased this as part of the Steam mis-week sale (£4.99 for the Game of the Year Deluxe Edition). So far I have done the intro mission, and have met Jeauffrey (sp?).

I decided to do one of the side quests nearby (notably the invisible village one). My only problem is that the mage/wizard guy that I need to see doesn't seem to be around. Ever. I've definitely got to the right 'stage' of the quest, but he is never at the ruins that he is meant to be. Any ideas?

IIRC, he's invisible as well, which can make finding him a bit of a bitch.

I might come back to this quest later >_>

Suuposedly you're best off looking for him in the lab.

Stumbled across him eventually. I had kept looking for him in the lab, I guess I had just been missing him each time. And yeah, he was 'invisible'.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the game so far, though I'm a jumpy/nervy bastard it seems - I lose track how many times I have jumped at a rat/wolf/skeleton appearing out of nowhere >_> Still, I've only died about four or five times thus far, so I can't be doing too bad (about 11-12 hours in).

I've found that the side quests seem to be 'better' than the main story. Would anyone else agree?

Suuposedly you're best off looking for him in the lab.

Stumbled across him eventually. I had kept looking for him in the lab, I guess I had just been missing him each time. And yeah, he was 'invisible'.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying the game so far, though I'm a jumpy/nervy bastard it seems - I lose track how many times I have jumped at a rat/wolf/skeleton appearing out of nowhere >_> Still, I've only died about four or five times thus far, so I can't be doing too bad (about 11-12 hours in).

I've found that the side quests seem to be 'better' than the main story. Would anyone else agree?

Main story? :shifty:

But yeah, I agree. Thieves Guild + Dark Brotherhood is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought this for $6.25 thanks to the Steam sale. I was very skeptical because of how much Fallout 3 let me down after the first 6-10 hours. I'm finding it alright for now - I guess we'll see how it goes when I hit the same mark as I did in fallout.

Fallout 3 was the opposite for me. I hated it for the first -10 hours I played. Didn't like the world, found it too bleak and depressing....

...THEN it pulled me in and I racked up about 50 hours on it before my console hard drive reset.

Ditto for me. Bought Fallout 3 and just couldn't get into it. Left it alone for almost a year, and then came back to it after watching a mate play for a while. Couldn't put it down after that.

On a more related note, bought Oblivion in the Steam sale last night. Was really enjoying it... until I became encumbered, couldn't move and received no direction as to how to drop items. I changed window so the internet could tell me, and when I came back, it had frozen. :angry: