Xbox 360 or PS3?

9 to 5

Since I'm going to get a PS3 when I finally do make my move to third-gen consoles, I'm glad that some people are saying it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be at times.

Of course it's not. There was just a strange backlash against it. The main issue was the whole backwards compatible for one thing, which they're working on with hardware updates (the same as the 360 did). Also amusingly it had the biggest number of launch games of pretty much any console release ever.

Still, it's obvious they're working more than a year behind 360 and going through the same issues that the 360 went through.

It's like relationships - When you're 16 you wouldn't dream go out with a 6 year old, but when you're 80 and she's 70 you're both old and the age gap isn't an issue.

What I'm saying is, in a years time the software gap is gonna be a LOT smaller, the price difference will be smaller and the reasons to NOT own a PS3 will be a LOT smaller.

If MGS goes multi-platform, I for one won't be getting a PS3.

This is a huge change in stance as last year I was set on getting a PS3 at launch.

I picked up a 360 in november and have been very happy with it ever since.

Since I'm going to get a PS3 when I finally do make my move to third-gen consoles, I'm glad that some people are saying it isn't as bad as others have made it out to be at times.

Of course it's not. There was just a strange backlash against it. The main issue was the whole backwards compatible for one thing, which they're working on with hardware updates (the same as the 360 did). Also amusingly it had the biggest number of launch games of pretty much any console release ever.

Still, it's obvious they're working more than a year behind 360 and going through the same issues that the 360 went through.

It's like relationships - When you're 16 you wouldn't dream go out with a 6 year old, but when you're 80 and she's 70 you're both old and the age gap isn't an issue.

What I'm saying is, in a years time the software gap is gonna be a LOT smaller, the price difference will be smaller and the reasons to NOT own a PS3 will be a LOT smaller.

Not to mention that most of the "comparisons articles" that are made are mostly by Nintendo fan boys.

Who really cares about the system failures?

Shit, you might be without your console for a week or two, but unless it's out of the THREE YEAR warranty - you'll be getting a new one in no time.

And Apart from Motorstorm & Resistance, the others are on the 360.

Edited by Dan

Depends. It costs for a subscription to Xbox Live and they vary. It's around £35 for a year.

Then you need to connect the thing, preium console gets a free ethernet cable which you can run to your pc or modem if it's nearby. If you have wireless you can get the official 360 wireless adaptor for about £50+ or you can try a generic compatible PC one.

If you have the wireless picked up in your room by a pc or laptop you should be able to get the 360 by splitting the connection with Internet Connection Sharing, at least I think you can, not entirely sure on laptops. Think that might make you a bit slower though, Kaney uses this method and gets some flack.

If you're just going wireless though it might be worth finding a list of compatible wireless devices which will prove to be cheaper than the official adaptor. Only thing is that is meant to be plug and play, might have some playing around with an unoffical item.

Guest muddatrucker

I could avoid going wireless on my console by using the ethernet cable? Pfft, the modem is in the same room but I'd sooner pay for an extension than pay £50 for some wireless gay thing.

EDIT: Hmm, cable still not long enough and grey, so I can't pin it to the skirting board, I'll have a look for longer one whites.